1. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

Frozen Lav

Hi everyone -

(Phenom 300)

Here's a question that I hadn't fielded before -- what to do if the lav freezes in flight? (A: find a warm hangar to let it thaw..)

But that makes me ask you guys -- is this something you've experienced? Personally, it's the first one I've run across.

thanks!

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I have heard of the lav dump door freezing in-flight, but not the lav it self. What part froze, the liquid in the tank? Any chance it froze on the ground before departure?

I think some blue-juice has anti-freeze added to it.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Hangared (heated) before departure; line service reported "frozen" upon landing...details are sketchy so that's all I have..
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I thought my dump was frozen after a long flight, so we delayed service until it could warm up in the hangar. Turns out the cable broke (disconnected) inside the lav. It's behind the kick panel inside the aircraft. Simply reconnecting and tightening connector fixed the issue.

Name:  phenom lav cable.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  110.3 KB
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    All, if you fly long flights at very high altitudes in a 300, and subsequently land and ask for LAV service, the lave evac door most of the time will be frozen shut. Then the lineman tries to pry it open and damage cables. Just need to wait a while for it to thaw
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Anyone have issues with the lav flush “button” blinking rapidly when pressed in-flight and the lav not flushing (P300 / was properly serviced before flight)?
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Might be over serviced, blinking flush button means Waste Tank Full (POH 6-01-65 pg1), at least that was our issue after service.