1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

P300 Hydraulic Differential Pressure Indicators (DPI) checks?

The 135 crew on my plane recently noted that the DPI on the Hydraulic Manifold were extended, indicating that the filters needs to be replaced. Embraer does not have any on hand but Chris Grinnell has his PMA version in stock - holiday flights saved.

However I checked both the AFM and the POH, can’t find any references to the DPI indicator. Only and old CAE training document refers to them:

The filters have visual “pop-up” Differential Pressure Indicators (DPI) to provide a visual indication when the filters need to be replaced. (This is normally checked, on preflight, by the flight crew or by maintenance during various inspections). Refer to Figure 10-9 (above). They are red anodized indicators that extend 3/16” when the differential pressure across the filter exceeds set limits (70 psid +/- 10).
    My 135 operator has this in their pre-flight checks, but I am not sure sure how crews would be aware of it if not in opspec/custom post flight checks? Did I miss it or did Embraer change it to a maintenance only inspection?
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Personally, I check them on each preflight. I fly a different plane each time though. To my best knowledge, in the AMM, it states you can push it back in and dry motor and if it doesn’t pop back out you’re good to go. Check with your mechanic or FSR to be sure though.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pilot
    The reset procedure is in the POH section 5 under ground resetsName:  A1162F17-38BA-42C5-805D-100F0C04E47A.jpg
Views: 458
Size:  76.1 KB
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Also we have adopted policy of making sure this is a post flight item to be checked. That way it is not a suprise on pre-flight for the next “important” flight…