1. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Thanks to Chris Grinnell and Aerostar Aviation

Hi all,

Wanted to put up a quick note of appreciation to Chris Grinnell and Aerostar Aviation at Dallas Love Field.

I've been having a problem where my nose landing gear does not unlock until 10 seconds or so after putting the landing gear handle down, then it starts its down cycle... the first time it happened, that was the longest 10 seconds of my life! The whole landing gear cycle would take about 20 seconds.

So far, it's only happened on longer flights where the plane is cold soaked.

I spoke to a few different folks including Embraer and the trouble shoot process was going to be quite a process...

When I called Chris he was pretty clear that a hydraulic system bleeding would likely fix the issue. I was going to be in Dallas for recurrent earlier this week and asked if I could pop in to get this sorted. Despite he and his shop being totally swamped, Chris was kind enough to squeeze me in. As I was getting ready to depart for Dallas, my single point fuel panel didn't work - crap. So, had to fuel over the wing and asked Chris to look into this as well when I got there. I had two or three other nagging little squawks that I added to the shop visit that Chris and his team kindly agreed to work.

By the time I was done with my recurrent, the gear issue, the single point issue, and all the other items were taken care of with minimal downtime and cost exposure.

As Chris and Aerostar are a Phenom focused independent shop - led by the founder - I know how hard it is to compete against the "big guys"... however, I was really grateful for their expertise, quality work, and customer service... Chris and his team have earned my business as a customer.

If you need some work done - make sure to look Chris up. He's a class act. Super responsive, knowledgeable, and a joy to work with.

Best,
    (Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Chris is an absolutely phenomenal guy! Super professional, immediate responses for any minor request and a very nice person.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Agreed to the prior comments! I've had two pop-in issues (E2 CHIP DETECT and later E2 FUEL IMP BYP) and he was able to squeeze us in on little notice, educated me about all of the systems and remedies, and his expertise, communication, and teammates are all top notch. Thanks Chris!
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Chris is exceptional. He will always be there to help and is the guru on Phenoms. On top of all that, he’s just an all around great guy.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Agree wholeheartedly, (Username Protected). I had an issue and Chris sent a team out to KDTO to service my plane during my recurrent. Super service. No wonder he's busy!
    (Username Protected)
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Can’t beat him. He a good friend and a great dude. There’s a reason he is so successful. It’s hard to find someone in this industry that’s honest and knowledgeable. Besides me, he one of the few others I know. Ha!
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    We were AOG in TMB. Aerostar got the parts and soon back flying. Many thanks Chris and Tommy. Great support and always easy to reach.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Couldn’t agree more. Chris has bailed me out several times! From a simple question over the phone or even coming to take a look at something all the way down at Business Jet Center. He is a professional, efficient, and driven individual. Him and his team at Aerostar are my preferred maintenance spot. I attempt to convince every owner/operator to use them at least once…(you won’t regret it)
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Have used Chris exclusively since I purchased my 100 about 15 months ago and have nothing but good things to say about Chris and Aerostar. Having gone through 2 inspections with him now and some other minor maintenance with him, he always gets me in and out as quickly as possible. Hes also always available by phone when I have various maintenance related questions.