1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

EEC Program - Price Increase

My EEC Enhanced contract expires this week. The new quote came in at a whopping 22% increase for EEC Enhanced. I guess they don't want 10 year old jets on EEC Enhanced. The only remaining question is keeping EEC STD or dropping EEC altogether.

What is the consensus out there on the cost benefit of having EEC STD?
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Check EEC Prime Parts. This might be an option for you. That is what I had on mine.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Check EEC Prime Parts. This might be an option for you. That is what I had on mine.
    Thanks - I've requested a quote. Wasn't aware of the Prime Parts program. In a nutshell, what is the difference between EEC Std and Prime Parts?
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Prime Parts covers only the 100 most expensive parts of the airplane. There is a list of the parts that would be covered. That is it.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Our jet came out of warranty and was up for EEC contract renewal near the end of 2019,. We were on Enhanced and got pretty bad sticker shock as well since the monthly rate would double. We downgraded to Standard and based on the last 2.5 years paying all labor costs, we're nearly $100K ahead by having done so. We typically fly 150-175 hrs/year.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Our airplane is a 2016 300. Our company has owned it for 3 years and EEC enhanced was inherited with the purchase. At 60 months, our EEC Enhanced was due to increase by 60% for the final year of the contract. The owners decided to completely drop EEC based on a cost study we did for the first two years- paid $80K more in EEC fees than EEC paid out. With the exception of an generator failure that resulted in an AOG service ($28,000), maintenance was mostly all scheduled items and inspections. It cost around $24,000 to terminate it (75 hour penalty) right after the 60 month inspection was completed and before the increased (we had to time it pretty close). The airplane flies between 100 and 150 hours per year. It only has 800 total time right now. A suggestion was made to the EEC people to base increases on total time rather than age, but that didn't go far. So, we will see if it was the right move based on the next year.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 29 times
    Other Services Provider
    Thanks - I've requested a quote. Wasn't aware of the Prime Parts program. In a nutshell, what is the difference between EEC Std and Prime Parts?
    Apologies about the late reply. The main difference between Prime Parts and EEC Standard, is EEC Standard covers all Repairable & Expendable parts (with some exclusions) and Prime covers a defined list of Repairable parts only. After the warranty expires, the purchase of a repairable part can spike your budget. Most other costs are predictable or if unexpected, not so shocking. Prime is good insurance if you prefer to pay for maintenance expenses as they occur with repairable parts covered by a program. I hope this helps.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Got my renewal quote for EEC Enhanced. Ran the numbers and determined that prior owner and I had spent $1.3 Million on EEC over 10 years. Not very smart. Cancelled EEC and set up a reserve account. I'll pay for maintenance myself. EEC is a warranty program, not a reserve account. And based on my experience, the cost is substantially higher than pay-as-you-go.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Got my renewal quote for EEC Enhanced. Ran the numbers and determined that prior owner and I had spent $1.3 Million on EEC over 10 years. Not very smart. Cancelled EEC and set up a reserve account. I'll pay for maintenance myself. EEC is a warranty program, not a reserve account. And based on my experience, the cost is substantially higher than pay-as-you-go.
    It’s definitely sticker shock. Did you consider downgrading to Standard or Prime Parts? We’re at year 8 and like I mentioned above, we dropped to Standard after the first contract was up. The cost of parts covered by EEC in the first 6 months of the year has already exceeded what we’ve paid into it. I’m expecting a GIA replacement and potentially a GEA and harness in the near future which will put us even further ahead.
  10. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I just got my renewal quote today as well. Enhanced is clearly a nonstarter, what I'm struggling to determine is Prime Parts vs Standard. Standard is basically $90k more than Prime Parts over the course of 5 years. So the question is ... what would standard cover that would realistically add up to that
  11. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Start with pricing out brakes and tires based on your historical usage.
  12. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    My EEC monthly fee went up 3.8% and hourly fee by 8.8% this year. Of course, the "cycle factor" charge was also a stealth increase last year.

I got pounded on the "cycle factor" due to all my test flights while troubleshooting the still-broken PRSOV issue.

What increases were you all seeing?
  13. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    7.9% on both the monthly and hourly.
  14. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Had to wait until today for this month's invoice due to the escalation taking place. Increase is roughly 10% on both monthly and hourly rate. Jet is about to turn nine and is on Standard.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Along the same lines, has anyone else seen the increase in the cost of TechPubs?
    We just got our invoice and the price went up by 59% ! it's now over $5000 for a 1 year elect(Username Protected)ic subscription.
  16. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Along the same lines, has anyone else seen the increase in the cost of TechPubs?
    We just got our invoice and the price went up by 59% ! it's now over $5000 for a 1 year elect(Username Protected)ic subscription.
    Are you sure they aren't bundling in something else there? They re-did the subscriptions last year which increased the price significantly if you get all the paper updates, but the basic elect(Username Protected)ic pubs was $1000. I have a single item on my invoice:
    TECHNICAL PUBLICATIONS REVIProforma Invoice 00238126.6 TECHNICALPUBLICATIONS REVISIONS SERVICES AND MYTECHCAREACCESS APPLICABLE TO PHENOM 300 SN: P300....