1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

Phenom 100 Envelope Expansion

Great news for Phenom 100 pilots. The 100 has always had the most restrictive temp limit at altitude of any jet I've flown: -60C. Next closest is -70C, so huge impact at times.

AFM Revision 27 was just released with an expanded envelope:

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 1156
Size:  67.0 KB
    There are some minimum mach numbers associated with region 2, but for normal ops when it's just a couple degrees cooler than -60 it should be easy to comply.
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I saw that (Username Protected) - very nice to have the increased temperature envelope, especially in the EV. The speeds down to -65C should be easy, the next two steps will be harder and will probably eliminate FL400 and FL410 as options:

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 11.51.18 PM.jpg
Views: 1192
Size:  78.3 KB
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    In general - it's awesome!
    In the envelope lowest temp is -68, but for the speed limitations it's 0.67 mach for -70? How come?
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

(Username Protected) flies a P100EV- it looks like they have an extra two degrees, likely because of their ability to make more thrust at altitude makes the higher Mach possible.

Here is speed table from P100 AFM:

Name:  Capture2.JPG
Views: 1156
Size:  41.7 KB
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    YES! Much needed. This plane has always been either envelope temp restricted or ISA temp restricted. This will help. In the early days we didn’t have this limitation so I always wondered why they put it in. Apparently, it is skin temp. No joke.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 63 times
    Other Services Provider
    ForeFlight users: Phenom 100 STD and ENH flight planning models have been updated with the expanded temperature envelope and all-new data from the in-flight performance software to match the latest revision. I still have the EV to work through, probably next week though.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    ForeFlight users: Phenom 100 STD and ENH flight planning models have been updated with the expanded temperature envelope and all-new data from the in-flight performance software to match the latest revision. I still have the EV to work through, probably next week though.
    Amazing! Thanks for the fast update!