1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

TechPubs prices going up massively in 2022

Just got an email from Embraer highlighting the 2022 changes to TechPubs access and pricing so dug into the details. Bottom line is that prices are going up from $776/yr for the complete Operations Manual bundle (Hard Copy and Digital) to $2,000/yr for a bare-bones bundle (and $5,400/yr for an equivalent bundle).

Currently, if you have a Hard Copy subscription you get eTechPubs Digital Access included. That is changing. Going forward Digital Subscriptions will be required to access any publications and then you can optionally add a Hard Copy subscription (you will not be able to buy a Hard Copy subscription without first having Digital Access).

The SOP manual is now sold as a $2,000/yr standalone offering and is not included in the Operations Manual bundle. I find that rather odd.

If you go with the bare necessities, Digital Access Operations Manual ($1,000) and the printed AFM ($400) and QRH ($600) you are still looking at $2000/yr instead of $776/yr. And now you don't have access to the SOP and Hard Copies of the MMEL, OB, POH, ACFOG.
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That is if you can even get them to take an order. I've been trying for three months to place a subscription order for my P300.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Right on the heals of the doubling of my EEC!

Terrific!

(Username Protected)-
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I just let my Tech Pubs subscription expire, so now they are getting zero on that.

At those prices, they are likely to drive people to share subscriptions hint hint.

(Username Protected) - what is happening with your EEC pricing?
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),
    EEC went up in my case by 63% monthly and 19% on hour. I’m still in discussion…
    (Username Protected)
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Sorry (Username Protected), just saw this, my monthly went up 115% and my hourly stayed the same.

(Username Protected)-
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    What do I need to buy to get PDFs that I can import into ForeFlight?
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    What do I need to buy to get PDFs that I can import into ForeFlight?
    In short, all you need a Tech Pubs revision service subscription which includes digital access to the PDFs, see (Username Protected)' first post. Logon to Embraer and go to Flight Operations - TechPubs - Select your Serial Number - Pick document from the list and view it. In the upper right corner click the box with the down arrow to download the document to a location you can access from your iPad such as Dropbox. Using your iPad, view the document. In the upper right hand corner click the three dots *** - click SHARE - click EXPORT FILE and select the Foreflight Icon (you may have to click the *** MORE to get to it). Once you do this it will show up in Foreflight Documents tab. I created a subfolder for each of my aircraft.

Up until a year or so ago you did not need a Tech Pubs subscription to get the electronic (pdf) AFM/POH/MEL/QRH provided you attended CAE as they provided them as part of your fee. Then Embraer needed money so they started plotting how to prevent us wily cheap pilots from ducking the Tech Pubs subscription and implemented Active Reader which only allowed secure viewing of the pdf publications. With the release of POH REV 19 the CAE Active Reader version now says "FOR TRAINING PURPOSES ONLY" across the cover thereby forcing a Tech Pubs subscription to be legal.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Just got our renewal and I'm amazed at the increase. Pricing is $10,072 per year now if you want all electronic publications plus a paper AFM, POH, and QRH. Subtract $2166 if you don't want the SOP guide and $3249 for maintenance manuals. To compare, the 2-year subscription we did in 2021 for everything was $5400 covering both years.
  10. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

I just got my renewal as well, I am at $2,166 this year for my "bare bones" package.

PHENOM 300 OPERATIONAL MANUALS ONLINE $1083
    QRH $650
    AFM $433

EEC is also advertising a 15% discount for EEC Standard Customers (higher for Enhanced), I have reached out to get this discount applied.
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

I just went through this process with two airplanes, and in both cases the owners decided on the path I recommended, which is what you outline.

Paper AFM and QRH seem essential for legality and practicality of operations. Having access to the POH, OBs, FOLs, etc is critical, but electronic copies more than suffice.
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    They applied my 15% discount, new total is $1,841.10