1. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Top MFD SD Card will not lock in

NXI avionics. My top MFD slot will not lock in the SD card. Any ideas?

2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

One thought- I've seen this before when there is a label/ sticker on the SD card. Apparently the slot has very little clearance/ tolerance.

-(Username Protected)
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected)-

when there is a label/ sticker on the SD card.

-(Username Protected)
    Thanks, (Username Protected) but I don’t think that is the problem. I tried one other SD Card I had with me AND I moved the Flightstream from the bottom slot to see if any of those would work. No go on any of them in that slot.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - I had this problem a few weeks ago and pushing with my finger was not enough. It had to go into the slot beyond what the flat of my finder allowed. I used my nail and pushed it even further in and it caught. Hope that helps! - (Username Protected)
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - I had this problem a few weeks ago and pushing with my finger was not enough. It had to go into the slot beyond what the flat of my finder allowed. I used my nail and pushed it even further in and it caught. Hope that helps! - (Username Protected)
    Thanks (Username Protected), will give it a try! I might need Maura for longer nails!
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Had a similar issue. Thought we were AOG as the card was corrupted and I could not remove it. The nice Lady at the FBO lent me her tweezers.....now have a nice pair of tweezers myself.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Had a similar issue. Thought we were AOG as the card was corrupted and I could not remove it. The nice Lady at the FBO lent me her tweezers.....now have a nice pair of tweezers myself.
    Sounds like you had the opposite problem. I cannot get mine to stay in while yours wouldn’t come out.

Hope to get to plane today to try (Username Protected)’s possible solution.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Actually it wouldn't insert at first because of a label sticker on the SD Card as (Username Protected) mentioned. So I peeled the sticker off and it inserted. Then the Card would not come out. So hence the tweezer solution.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    All tests seem to show that this is a slot problem. Tried tweezers, and pushing up and down to have it grab - no luck. Even tried two different sd cards. I’m running out of possibilities.

I’m going to buy a new SD card and try but I’m not holding out much hope for that. A call to Garmin might be next.

For now, I am ok - at least I can update the data from the lower slot or the Flightstream.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    We have one PFD with similar behavior. I either use another SD card or a pen to push the card a little deeper into the slot where it latches fine.
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I’ve done that and more. Next plan is to contact Garmin and find out if there is a work around. I suspect MFD replacement but I sure hope that’s not the case.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Update. I purchased another new card. When I pressed it in, I tried to press hard to make sure I got contact and it would stay. No go. Tried the tweezers too.

As a last ditch effort, I pressed very lightly with my finger and made sure NOT to push all the way in. It stayed. I went back to the others and tried the same process - no go. At least I now have a working card in the top slot.