1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Cabin Satellite Phone Handset

My 2011 P300 has the iridium satellite system. The system works OK from the front but we're having difficulty getting the handset to work in the back. I was able to figure out the handset was made by ICG (Int't Comms Group) and they were bought by Rockwell Collins who was subsequently bought by UTAS. I cannot find any information (user manual) on the web.

Does anyone have the user manual for the handset?
    Attachments Attachments   
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Since it is integrated with the G1000, maybe Garmin Aviation support can dig up some info?

8.6 SATELLITE TELEPHONE AND SMS MESSAGING

An optional GSR 56 Iridium Transceiver provides Iridium Satellite Telephone service and SMS text messaging. Iridium telephone and text messaging are available to the ?ight crew through the Multi-function Display, audio panel and headset. The system provides a telephone handset interface to be used for voice communication between the aircraft cabin and the cockpit and for Iridium telephone service in the aircraft cabin.

Operation of these features in the cockpit is accomplished through the ‘AUX-TELEPHONE’ and ‘AUX-TEXT MESSAGING’ Pages. For operation using the cabin handset, consult the instructions provided with the handset.

The Garmin G1000 manual contains some information on transferring a call to cabin headset.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    We are able to make a call in the front and transfer it to the back. However, we've not been able to figure out how to make a call directly from the back. We hear a beep but the phone never rings (calls out).

Anyone have the referenced instructions? " .... consult the instructions provided with the handset."
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I think the call has to be initiated on the G1000 MFD with the headset as the destination. You can also use the FS510 and make a call directly from Garmin Pilot on iPhone.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Non-Pilot
    I had the same problem in my 2018 300. Dial 001 then the number.