1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Submit questions for Embraer at Techcare Conference

With the Embraer conference just around the corner (end of October), for those members unable to attend I figured now is a good time to solicit questions you would like Embraer to address.

Feel free to post in this thread and I will make best effort to get an answer at the convention
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    G3000 software upgrades for parity with new E feature set?

Any progress on Phenom 100 EV performance upgrade?

NXi components coverage under EEC?
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    On the Phenom 100, deice boots are rated to -40C. To what minimum temperature should they be operated when flying in visible moisture. FAA circulars say icing below -20C is very rare.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Is there any reason that the batteries can not be disconnected after flight to prevent battery drainage. Some OEMs recommend disconnecting.
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Can you explain exactly what the differences are between Brake Control Unit, BCU -06, -07, -08.
    It appears that -08 has an intentional delay before any braking effectiveness above ASB speeds with longer landing distances.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Any plans for fixing the 300 cockpit temp issue ?
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected). Here is my list:
    - Any plans to make the P300 FANS 1A compliant?
    - Is there a forum for us pilots to give input to the Rockwell (Username Protected) Fusion platform? Do they release updates like Garmin does?
    - Are there any plans to improve the Auto Throttle performance on the Praetor so that we can remove the 5 KTS and 10% runways performance add on?
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Parts. Why can't we get them?
  9. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Parts. Why can't we get them?
    Can you list some specific parts? Otherwise they will blame general supply chain…
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Can you list some specific parts? Otherwise they will blame general supply chain…
    Specifically right now, tires. I can't get mains.

I was AOG with a bad generator last week, Embraer was saying next year sometime. We had to source one on our own. July we needed flap actuators, we got one right away, but the remaining five took almost 6 weeks to trickle in...

I understand the general supply chain excuse, but tires? It sounds like Embraer continues to be behind the curve on keeping up with cus(Username Protected)er usage.
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (1) G3000 software updates for G3000 v1 hardware (100s of P300s effected, 10-20 P100s effected - approximate).
    With G3000 v1 hardware our current software load doesn't have:
    - Visual approaches
    - Traffic predictive track lines and Tail Numbers on display
    - W&B and Takeoff and Landing data calc
    - US CPDLC
    - 3D audio
    - Flight Stream 510 or 210 integration
    There are more features missing - this is just a short list of the ones I could think of!

(2) An upgrade path from G3000 v1 hardware to G3000 v2 hardware.

(3) Remanufactured parts quality control - My GIA1 failed and Embraer parts sent us three GIAs that failed on install (often with the same failure they were originally sent in with) before we got a fourth GIA that worked.

12. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Specific lack of these parts.

-emergency light batteries
    -main batteries
    -starter/generators
    -actual overhauled FCE’s
    -ditto for Wing A/I valves
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 28 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Updates on
    - EV upgrade
    - Garmin auto-land
    - auto-throttles
    - CSC button enablement
    - fly by wire
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected)- Kindly ask about getting software upgrade to change FADEC on 100E to what they have in 100EV. Same engine but could use some help on the Max Gross the the EV has.
    Thanks!
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Parts.

On needing a part, seems the stock answer is “it will be x weeks”. If I had known the part would fail, I would have ordered it x weeks ago. Embraer got these parts from vendors, can we have a list of these vendors so we can order direct from them?

I’m sensing some run around between Garmin and Embraer. Seems Garmin runs the whole ship but Embraer maintains control. Too many “Garminisims” still for a fleet the size of the 300. I’m not familiar with the others.

I’ve had my 300 a little over 2 years. My FSR is outstanding but I’d really like to talk with him more about new things and improvements than problems. Sources of parts, maintenance vendors, updates and upgrades rather than this or that recurring cas message or component that’s intermittent.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),

1. Why is the AFCS/FMA sequence from TO to HDG/FMS interrupted when one syncs the command bars (from detente pitch setting to 15 degrees to preclude over-speeding during flap retraction)? Why are the command bars not harmonized to this pitch angle during T/O anyway? It's what we use in the sim for V2 cuts.

2. Why is placing FLC in Manual not part of the preflight checklist? (If engine loss occurs,
    one would need to be able to quickly set FLC at V2. Even after activating FLC mode, one could easily spin the knob without moving the A/S bug if it has left in FMS)..

3. What are the ROASS limitations for determining a "stable" approach (which is sometimes
    difficult to attain during a slam dunk)? I realize one can turn it off but that defeats the purpose...can it be adjusted to a different set of parameters?

4. Is there ANY way to turn down the volume on "TAWS system okay" during avionics boot-up, other than essentially turning off the overhead speakers? Any plans to moderate the volume from
    the programming? All aural alerts are excessively loud, IMHO.

Thanks!

(Username Protected)

N505LF
    0505-00545
  17. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    2. Why is placing FLC in Manual not part of the preflight checklist? (If engine loss occurs,
    one would need to be able to quickly set FLC at V2. Even after activating FLC mode, one could easily spin the knob without moving the A/S bug if it has left in FMS)..
    I didn't realize this was even possible, I thought it would always sync to current speed upon pushing FLC. Can someone point me to how to set this?
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Other
    Why don't they put carbon brakes on the Phenom 100 and improve runway performance? Big issue vs the M2.
    Phenom 300 has carbon brakes, I believe that the systems are very similar. Why not put same materials into the 100 system?
    Would improve both performance and sales.
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),

You are correct if you have the AFCS panel that does not offer both Manual and FMS toggle positions. However, if you are in the FMS position, pushing FLC will simply move the command bars to the appropriate pitch to attain a preset airspeed, in this case, climb (default airspeed 200 KIAS). One can easily see this is not a good idea if trying to climb on a single engine.

(Username Protected)
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Is there any intention of giving P100 owners the option upgrading the FADEC to provide enhanced thrust?
  21. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Here is the summary of questions I shared with Embraer to address during the round table session:

Phenom 100

Any progress on the Phenom 100 Performance Enhancement upgrade, first shared at EEOC 2018?

On the Phenom 100, deice boots are rated to -40C. To what minimum temperature should they be operated when flying in visible moisture?

Is there any reason that the batteries could not be disconnected after flight to prevent battery drainage?

Can you explain exactly the differences between Brake Control Unit, BCU -06, -07, -08. It appears that -08 has an intentional delay before any braking effectiveness above ASB speeds with longer landing distances.

Why don't they put carbon brakes on the Phenom 100 to improve runway performance? Big issue vs the M2. Would improve both performance and sales.

Phenom 300

Any plans for fixing the 300 cockpit temp issue?

EEC & Parts

Parts. Why can't we get them? Members are reporting long lead-times for:

Tires
    Emergency light batteries
    Main batteries
    Starter/generators
    Overhauled FCE’s
    Wing A/I valves
    Flap Actuators

Any progress on getting Garmin NXi components coverage under EEC?

Remanufactured parts quality control – A member reports his GIA1 failed and Embraer parts sent them three GIAs that failed on install before we got a fourth GIA that worked.

Garmin

Status of G3000 software updates for G3000 v1 hardware (100s of P300s effected, 10-20 P100s effected - approximate). Cessna recently released a software upgrade on the M2/CJ3+ so it can be done.
    - Visual approaches
    - Traffic predictive track lines and Tail Numbers on display
    - W&B and Takeoff and Landing data calc
    - US CPDLC
    - Flight Stream 510 integration

Any plans for an upgrade path from G3000 v1 hardware to G3000 v2 hardware?

Any plans to make the P300 FANS 1A compliant?

When will the Auto Throttles on the new E get certified (we can see the AT circuit breaker)?…

Any work on CSC button enablement?

Do you think Garmin AutoLand will come to Phenom line-up?

G3000 v2 specific questions:

1. Why is the AFCS/FMA auto-sequence from TO to HDG/FMS interrupted when one syncs the command bars (from detente pitch setting to 15 degrees to preclude over-speeding during flap retraction)?

2. Why are the command bars not harmonized to 15 degree during T/O anyway? It's what we use in the sim for V2 cuts.

3. Why is placing FLC in Manual not part of the preflight checklist? (If engine loss occurs,
    one would need to be able to quickly set FLC at V2. Even after activating FLC mode, one could easily spin the knob without moving the A/S bug if it has left in FMS).

4. What are the ROASS limitations for determining a "stable" approach (which is sometimes difficult to attain during a slam dunk)? I realize one can turn it off but that defeats the purpose...can it be adjusted to a different set of parameters?

5. Is there ANY way to turn down the volume on "TAWS system okay" during avionics boot-up, other than essentially turning off the overhead speakers? Any plans to moderate the volume from the programming? All aural alerts are excessively loud, IMHO.

Rockwell (Username Protected)

Is there a forum for us pilots to give input to the Rockwell (Username Protected) Fusion platform? Do they release updates like Garmin does?

Are there any plans to improve the Auto Throttle performance on the Praetor so that we can remove the 5 KTS and 10% runways performance add on?
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pilot
    (Username Protected), if you ever get a good clear answer on this I'd love to hear it. Been bouncing this one around for quite some time now and everyone just shrugs their shoulders.
  23. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Aircraft Broker
    From my information 50000376 was actually changed on the assembly line from a 100E to a 100EV during production. So I do not see why it cant be done in the field. This was my company's aircraft and during the sale I had to get some paperwork corrected, due to the E1 engines.
    Is there any intention of giving P100 owners the option upgrading the FADEC to provide enhanced thrust?
  24. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    All - Embraer is planning to hold a virtual TechCare later in the year and will address the questions then.
  25. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Embraer is going to address many of these questions during the upcoming Phenom Webinar Dec 9th, 12pm ET. Make sure to register here:

https://services.embraer.com/global/...update-webinar
  26. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you,
    (Username Protected), I'm showing 1200, assuming Eastern
    (Username Protected)
  27. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Any idea if this is being officially recorded? If not, can someone unofficially record it? I won't be able to make this time.
  28. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Any idea if this is being officially recorded? If not, can someone unofficially record it? I won't be able to make this time.
    Historically they have posted the slides on TechCare, under the Cus(Username Protected)er Forum section.

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-12-03 at 12.30.31.jpg
Views: 1335
Size:  69.6 KB