1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Feature Request - Cabin Alerts

During my last recurrent, my instructor made a comment how during a few scenario's I should have alerted the passengers to an event that was about to happen. I spend about 70% of my time as single pilot and to be honest, it's not clear to me how well people in the back can hear me when I am trying to yell something back there.

Even having a simple chime button that would be tied to the seatbelt switch that had an audible chime that I could at least tell passengers if you hear this, please ensure you are buckled up and be prepared for bumps as an example. I always have laughed at the current seat belt sign as its almost impossible to see that its illuminated and its not in a prominent spot.

Random thought I had today and wanted to document it somewhere.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I had a chime tone added to my seat belt sign. And you can configure the Garmin so that you can talk to the back via the audio speakers in the cabin. You select PA and push the PTT and talk to them in the back. The folks at Elliott in FCM did both of these features. The chime we had to add, but the ability to talk on the speakers in the back was just a configuration setting.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected), I had a chime tone added to my seat belt sign. And you can configure the Garmin so that you can talk to the back via the audio speakers in the cabin. You select PA and push the PTT and talk to them in the back. The folks at Elliott in FCM did both of these features. The chime we had to add, but the ability to talk on the speakers in the back was just a configuration setting.
    Excellent! I use Elliott in MLI so I will ask them to do this for me.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), Any idea how they did it? They are to far out going to.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected). It has been so long since I got this done. We did this changes about 8 / 9 years ago. I also piped the ATC comm to the headsets in the back, so when the family is on the headset and talking to me they could hear ATC. It was also just a setting on the Garmin that maintenance can select.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Bring this topic back. Still looking for a solution for a Phenom 100. As the above will not work for a Phenom 100. I was thinking about a aftermarket loudspeaker/microphone which could be connected to one of the passenger headset plugs.
    Backstory: was flying with my family yesterday, two were sleeping and one with a Apple AirPods and couldn’t almost deliver ‚fasten seat belts on‘ , my screaming was not load enough, took me some attempts.

(Username Protected)
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Is there a good solution for the reverse: passengers wanting to speak to the pilot(s)? Typically they'd not be wearing headsets, or the headsets would be isolated. Any way for them to get attention aside from shouting or walking up to the cabin?
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Is there a good solution for the reverse: passengers wanting to speak to the pilot(s)? Typically they'd not be wearing headsets, or the headsets would be isolated. Any way for them to get attention aside from shouting or walking up to the cabin?
    With the NXI in the 300, you passengers in the back can use the "call" button to send an alert tone to the pilot (don't know if the same applies in the 100). If the passenger has a headset, the pilot can activate the Pass ICS button to speak to them. Fwiw, usually at least one of my passengers is wearing a headset w/ the bluetooth audio paired to their device.

I think there is a way to call the cockpit via the sat phone but haven't tried to figure it out.