1. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Garmin GWX 75 Weather Radar

Anyone out there have the new GWX 75 weather radar installed?.....wondering if its compatible with the G3000??
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

I have it on my G1000 NXi. Looking through the ACFOG it seems that the GWX 75 is compatible with the G3000 load 3305, which I think is the load on the "new" E. So once Embraer makes it available for the older fleet, it may be supported via an SB.

SB 505-34-0019 allows for the installation of the GWX 70. I think the GWX 70 lacks the wider scan and only four colors, but adds the solid state radar https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/116902
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Great, thanks!
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected),

I have it on my G1000 NXi. Looking through the ACFOG it seems that the GWX 75 is compatible with the G3000 load 3305, which I think is the load on the "new" E. So once Embraer makes it available for the older fleet, it may be supported via an SB.

SB 505-34-0019 allows for the installation of the GWX 70. I think the GWX 70 lacks the wider scan and only four colors, but adds the solid state radar https://buy.garmin.com/en-US/US/p/116902
    How good is GWX 75 comparing to 68 and 70? Do you think it worth to get it if I change G1000 to G1000 Nxi in Phenom 100?
    Do you have a turbulence detector? And what is Ground Clutter Enablement Card (cannot find an explanation on web)?

Thank you!
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Compared to the 68 it is amazing. Solid State so instant-on, 16 colors instead of 4, a wider scan width. However they key benefit is that with GWX75 and NXi you can put the radar inside the HSI, so you can run a +5 tilt on the co-pilot side and a +1 tilt on the captain side.

I do have the turbulence detector and the ground clutter removal, but I would not recommend them. I don't find them working as marketed.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I do have the turbulence detector and the ground clutter removal, but I would not recommend them. I don't find them working as marketed.
    Oh, I heard a few times that turbulence detector is not very helpful.
    And the ground clutter removal is designed to remove ground reflections and show weather only, right? What's w(Username Protected)g with it? Doesn't remove properly in your opinion?

Thank you for your answer!
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I pulled the trigger on this thanks to (Username Protected)'s recommendation. Getting it accomplished at the same time as my 12mo service. Service center is struggling to get the parts in from Garmin though, so we'll see if it actually happens.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    I’m having the NXi upgrade done on the 100 i just purchased including the upgraded audio panels. I opted not to do the GWX 75. It was really a cost vs. value question. There are many more weather information options today than in the past. While I wouldn’t use NEXRAD to penetrate a line of storms, I find that the different weather products available today give you more options to keep you from penetrating the line. However, I did want the radar upgrade…
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    What is the cost of the GWX75?
  10. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    what is the cost of the gwx75?
    $22,995 msrp