1. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300

TCAS issue

On a few flights where we accomplished successive legs i.e. multiple full stop taxi backs for night currency etc. It seems that the TCAS stops working "TCAS FAIL" has this happened to anyone else? There is a ground reset procedure for a CB reset I haven't tried it yet.

thanks in ad(Username Protected)ce

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Hello (Username Protected),

I am assuming your TCAS does not show any targets and does not have TA or RAs while Tcas fail message appears. If this is the case, you can definitely reset the TCAS CB. The next thing is to find out which TCAS processor your aircraft has. Garmin or ACSS. In the case of the ACSS troubleshooting is much easier since you have a push to test button in front and some LEDs that will let you know if one of the TCAS antennas is at fault. There is also one for the processor. If you have the Garmin unit, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but I have seen them go bad occasionally. It is very seldom to see reloading of the software to the unit fix the issue, but it can be done just to eliminate any possibilities. If there are any issues with software this is usually indicated with a red x on the avionics status page on your GTC controller or on your pfd on the config mode. If Prefer have your local A&P check the coax connectors for proper connections and check proper power and ground to the unit.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    Thanks (Username Protected) I appreciate the quick response.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Maintenance Provider
    You’re welcome sir.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    FWIW; same thing happens to us with our G3000, usually on the last cycle, works fine rest of the time. Happens every time we do our night currency hops.
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    The next thing is to find out which TCAS processor your aircraft has. Garmin or ACSS.
    Additionally, some early Phenom 100s have an L3 unit for TCAS I. I discovered this when upgrading to Nxi because there was lots of time wasted determining whether it was compatible. (It is.)
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Just to clarify the previous information was aimed for the Ph300 with a Garmin GTS 8000 and the L3 ACSS TCAS.
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I had spurious TCAS II CAS messages on my recent flight. We were at FL450 over MN and WI when TCAS Fault messages started popping up about every 60 seconds. The system would show TCAS FAULT on the traffic screen and then start working again; very annoying. I ran the self test and it passed. Thinking it might be a transponder issue I switched to #2 with no effect. I also monitored GPS 1 & 2 and they both had solid strong signals. My 300 has the ACSS 3000SP TCAS II System.

No issues on the next flight.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    We have had the last two flights TCAS FAULT, and today, again.

After the download, it seems our transponder us U/S and will have to replace it…
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Same issue with me a few months ago…..turns out it was an antenna issue and had to be replaced….typical Embraer , had to wait over month for the part and that was with a lot of pushback.