Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - any idea when the W&B portion will come to individual users? I noticed you added trim position which is appreciated (once I get access to it)
  2. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected) - any idea when the W&B portion will come to individual users? I noticed you added trim position which is appreciated (once I get access to it)
    Fwiw, the release notes on the website said it was coming to individual users "later this year".
    Will be great to have everything integrated.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 63 times
    Other Services Provider
    "Sooner" than "later" is the message here. I won't give an exact timeline, but it's not that far off.

On a personal note, I should probably mention that I'm leaving ForeFlight at the end of March. It's been a lot of fun with interesting work, but I've become too comfortable in the last year and am looking forward to getting uncomfortable again with other interesting aircraft performance challenges. Rest assured, the team will be as responsive as before and continue to listen to customers. [email protected] will be the place for help, but I will likely still keep an eye on this awesome forum.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected), really appreciate your insight and support, very rare from vendors these days.

If you want an interesting performance challenge, either to leave behind at Foreflight or wherever you go next, consider building a "real world" performance model incorporating actual flight history data (sourced from Flight aware/etc).
    Time and fuel data based on ideal climb and descent patterns just doesn't track in the real world, as I think everyone knows, due to the vagaries of ATC. We all pad the estimates as a result, but it would be awesome to have a "95th percentile real-world" type estimate based on historical climb/descents for similar routing at similar times/conditions.
    It's a hard challenge for sure, but it would be really cool to see working!

Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    "Sooner" than "later" is the message here. I won't give an exact timeline, but it's not that far off.

On a personal note, I should probably mention that I'm leaving ForeFlight at the end of March. It's been a lot of fun with interesting work, but I've become too comfortable in the last year and am looking forward to getting uncomfortable again with other interesting aircraft performance challenges. Rest assured, the team will be as responsive as before and continue to listen to customers. [email protected] will be the place for help, but I will likely still keep an eye on this awesome forum.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 63 times
    Other Services Provider
    It's definitely a tough problem. But also an interesting one as you point out. I appreciate the insight. Also nice to see that you fly out of nearby BJC!
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), best of luck in your future endeavors and thanks for prior support.
  7. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

I know you are not with ForeFlight any longer, but would be great if you can advocate for adding runway Grooved / Non-Grooved to the Runway Surface data fields, so we don't have to manually find the status by parsing the A/FD.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 63 times
    Other Services Provider
    Hi (Username Protected),

i passed the request along. Grooved runway performance data is being added to more aircraft as the data becomes available, and it is important to surface the information piece when a runway is grooved, agree.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12