1. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

Jepp FD going away

With Jeppesen stopping the availability of Jepp FD for chart viewing, I am looking for other options for using Jeppesen charts. They are pushing me to using Foreflight, which I can do, but as I already use fltplan.com, I would prefer not to have to switch and relearn another system. My question is for those who use FD, what are you going to do?

Thanks, (Username Protected).
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Garmin Pilot is also an option. If you use fltplan.com currently Garmin Pilot integrates nicely to it.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Is Jepp FD going away? I didn't know that. I am on same boat as (Username Protected). How will we access the manuals? Are they on Foreflight too?
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    The email I received from Jeppesen said they were going to phase it out at the end of this year; so we have a few months yet to prepare. From what I have learned so far, Garmin pilot and Foreflight are 2 options available to us.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I just started using Foreflight a few day ago, and really enjoying using it while getting to grips with it.
    Your charts and manuals are all there as long as your subscription is still active. You get great 3D views of all airports, the weight and balance is good, and it also recommends Airway routes to fly between destinations. Another great feature is the flight level options, which shows you time to destination and fuel burn, depending on which flight level you choose.
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 65 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    If you are using NXi, Garmin Pilot has some advantages including data transfers and integration.
    Foreflight is very user friendly and has extremely accurate performance numbers for a wide range of aircraft.
    so...we end up using both.