1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot

XM radio music blend with ATC COMMS

Hi all.
    picked up a Phenom 100EV with G3000 from factory in KMLB a few weeks back. Everything working fine however after using the XM radio a few times we noticed that it mutes properly when ATC talks to us but when transmitting from PILOT OR COPILOT seat we still hear the music playing without muting.
    I tried looking in the menu for different settings to see how to have it mute when we push the PTT but cannot find anything in the pilot guide...is there maybe a maintenance menu u can get into to fix this in the GTC?
    I would prefer to figure this on my own without having to take it to a maintenance facility.
    thanks
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

I suggest you lower the volume on the XM radio and enjoy the background sound On the legacy G1000 XM mutes whenever the pilot or co-pilot talks and I found it to be super annoying. If I recall correctly there was setting under the installer setup menu where this could be toggled (hold down the menu key while booting), but not sure on the G3000. Will do some research.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I am having same issue in 1000nxi. Music stops every time anyone speaks. Let me know if find work around. In my Meridian you just held down marker button for 2 seconds and got continuous music.