1. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

AOG support

Hi All

Just wondering what guys are using for AOG support up in the Northeast now? Sold my 100 in April, under contract for a 300, now searching around......have not heard anything from the BDL potential acquisition.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Maintenance Provider
    Hello (Username Protected),

I know Hawthorne Global at KISP (Long Island) answered many Phenom maintenance calls in the past , also remember multiple trips to Teterboro. Might want to keep them in mind. If you ever have any issues I can help you locate parts, find a mechanic or help you with troubleshooting. Cell: 631-377-0073
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected),

So far we've been lucky, but Eagle Creek has supported us at HPN. (That was actually before BDL closed -- Embraer said they were "too busy" to support!)

As for BDL .. I've heard through the grapevine that the airport will only accept a maintenance shop - no ancillary services, and that has turned off a couple prospective buyers.

(Username Protected)
    https://www.(Username Protected)aviation.com
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

I had an AOG during training at KPSM last month and Embraer contact center ending up recommending Jet East out of Trenton, NJ. They were onsite the next morning, impressive but it's obviously not ideal to have the huge geographical "hole" in the country we're presently stuck with up here.

A friend with a P100 at BED just used ProStar at KMHT for some non-AOG work. Their GM Sean Peterson used to run the BDL SC and is one of the most fantastic people you could ever work with. They're not currently a SC, but they can do some work. Fingers crossed they can become the replacement SC...
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Just saw this today on AIN:

Hawthorne Global Expands Embraer Mx Authorizations

Hawthorne Global Aviation Services has expanded its capabilities as an Embraer-authorized service center (ASC) to include full base maintenance product service and support for the Phenom 100 and 300, Legacy 450 and 500, and Praetor 500 and 600 airframes. The Charleston, South Carolina-based MRO provider and FBO operator has been an Embraer ASC since 2006 with authorization to perform base maintenance service and support for Legacy 600 and 650 twinjets.

From its Long Island MacArthur Airport location in Islip, New York, Hawthorne Global will provide Embraer maintenance services in the New York metropolitan area and the northeastern U.S. That includes recently added AOG service in the region.

“This is a great opportunity for Hawthorne to provide maintenance support services to Embraer operators in the greater New York area, as well as expanding our 15-year relationship with Embraer,” said Hawthorne Global president Chuck Kegley. “With the addition of our new AOG 24/7 service, Hawthorne is ready to support Embraer's aircraft owners' maintenance needs throughout the Northeast.”
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected)….I hope it wasnt my old bird 725TW, ironically based in BED….I’ve heard about jet east…..I know Sean from BDL days , great guy…..thanks for all the info
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

No comment

I've been flying your old plane a lot since the sale, it's a great plane! You're going to love the 300, though, what a difference in performance! When is closing?
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Good to hear, hopefully close first week august…..can’t wait, if you’re interested I will be looking for a safety pilot for a bunch of Bermuda trips down the road