1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

End of the month hour reporting for a newbie (CAMP, EEC, ESP)

Hello,
    I'm trying to work my way through reporting my hours for EEC Standard, ESP Platinum and CAMP. I have the documentation for CAMP reporting but its talking about uploading a file from the G1000 to an SD card and then from there to an intermediary program to strip stuff out for ESP reporting?

Is there by any chance a write up of what exactly needs to get done every month somewhere? I went through the Phenom Guide at the top of the page but couldn't find anything. With the influx of transactions happening in the Phenom world it might be a nice thing to have available anyway. I'm happy to write it up once I know what to do!

And I'll also set aside the fact I don't have an Embraer login yet, so I'm not sure where I'll report my EEC hours to other than maybe manually emailing them in?

Thanks in advance!

(Username Protected)-
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    EEC - report here. Click on EEC, then EEC Web Application. After inputing the hours and cycles you can immediately pay on a credit card. Until you get your login, email hours to [email protected] and they will send you back an invoice.

ESP - report here. From the Dashboard you can start the process to report hours, cycles and then immediately pay on a credit card.

For CAMP engine trends, I upload my flight log files to AHEAD. Same login as EEC, then under Maintence > AHEAD. To get the logs from your plane, insert a blank SD card into upper slot and reboot MFD (it doesn't like inserting cards while powered on). Go to AUX > Maintenance page. NXi you don't need a password to access for G1000 the password is EMBG1K. Highlight the folder and press the menu key to access copy to SD card menu. There are several folders but you only need two of them (CAS_CMC & Engine). The screen will then show the copying process. After downloading you can purge the content of the folder. You then upload the files from both folders to Embraer AHEAD, and they will automatically transfer to CAMP.

Will try to get a write-up done for the wiki.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you (Username Protected), heading to the airplane today to grab the data.

Is there somewhere in the G1000 that shows the Hours and Cycles?

Thanks again,

(Username Protected)-
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Thank you (Username Protected), heading to the airplane today to grab the data.

Is there somewhere in the G1000 that shows the Hours and Cycles?
    You can see the Hour Meter on AUX > UTILITY, however this feature was not available when the plane was first released so for many planes in the fleet you need to manually add an offset to get the actual hours. For example in plane I need to add +348.7 hrs for the actual flight hours.

If - and this is a big if - every Flight Log has been uploaded to AHEAD you can create a Flight Hours / Cycle report within AHEAD. But it is likely it won't be a complete dataset.

Cycles you need to track manually. At the end of each Flight I take a picture of the AUX > UTILITY page, and I track all my flights in a Google Sheet.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Well turns out our plane is one of the few to have hours back to zero. Woohoo that makes it slightly easier.

Thanks again for your help Once I have a handle on this I'm happy to write up a newbie article especially in the early months where you have no logins active yet because apparently that's taxing on the development staff. Can you imagine trying that excuse on any of your endeavors?

Wow,

(Username Protected)-
  6. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks again for your help Once I have a handle on this I'm happy to write up a newbie article especially in the early months where you have no logins active yet because apparently that's taxing on the development staff. Can you imagine trying that excuse on any of your endeavors?
    I had the same onboarding challenge (and I assume everyone else). I don't understand how it takes more than 24 hours to provision a new account for a paying customer. I think it took me two months to get access to FlyEmbraer, and three months to get fully on EEC. Makes no sense. Each time Embraer has asked me for general feedback, I tell them the onboarding experience could be massively improved. The good news at least is that once your account is provisioned you don't need to deal with that again.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    For the AUX > UTILITY page, confirming that hour counter only starts once wheels up to wheels down phase of flight?

Thanks again,

(Username Protected)-
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I don't understand how it takes more than 24 hours to provision a new account for a paying customer.
    Rumor mill here but my type rating instructor said that Embraer had previous legal issues due to providing services to sanctioned countries/individuals, so they now engage in a fairly time consuming "know your customer" process before being allowed to provision any services. My guess is that this department internally is slow but there is a mandate from the top that you don't get to proceed until they give you the green light.
  9. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    For the AUX > UTILITY page, confirming that hour counter only starts once wheels up to wheels down phase of flight?
    . Yes. This method of hour tracking is used for all purposes related to the Phenom. The concept of "Hobbs hours" isn't used for anything at all other than your personal pilot logbook. I just use a convention of adding 0.2 to cover the engine start/taxi time, which is what I think many pilots do.
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Another question - if you are doing a practice engine shutdown, and are flying OEI, do you log the engine hours separately? Are engine hours reported anywhere in the G1000 and for ESP, just to confirm also I'm reporting those hours same as airframe, once weight off wheels to weight back on?

Thanks again!

(Username Protected)-
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Thanks, (Username Protected)! This is a great topic. It took me nearly three months to get all of the programs set up, along with the ability to report everything. I finally got my times reported and am waiting for AHEAD to be setup so I can report the engine data.

CAMP told me that they also have an app that you can load onto your iPad and enter the data in the airplane. Once you are connected to the internet, you can just push it directly to CAMP.
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Another question - if you are doing a practice engine shutdown, and are flying OEI, do you log the engine hours separately? Are engine hours reported anywhere in the G1000 and for ESP, just to confirm also I'm reporting those hours same as airframe, once weight off wheels to weight back on?
    I wouldn't bother tracking a 10 minute shutdown separately. Engine hours matches airframe flight hours, engine hours AND cycles don't accrue on the ground, so use the G1000 numbers.

On my plane they swapped one engine before delivery, so the other engine has +11 hrs more than the other. When you submit the hours to ESP they ask for Airframe, Engine 1, and Engine 2 hours separately.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    CAMP told me that they also have an app that you can load onto your iPad and enter the data in the airplane..
    (Username Protected),

That is true. The app is called Turbine Trend. I use it every flight. I climb to desired altitude in CLB configuration. I set a timer for 5 minutes. When the timer goes off, I set power to CRZ configuration and set another 5 minute timer. When the second timer goes off, I record the data in the Turbine Trend app.

You will be recording Altitude, IAS, SAT then for each engine the ITT, N1, N2 and FF. Once you've done that, you hit save and that will create an email that it will send to Camp upon reaching your next internet connection.

Several days later you will get an email from Camp that will show whether the Trend is normal. I have included my attachment that I get here: Trend Alert.(Username Protected)(Username Protected).04-Jun-2021_064524414.PDF

Note that you do not have to be using Camp for maintenance tracking to get this for free. I believe it comes with your engine program for free.
  14. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) FYI if you upload the ENGINE files to AHEAD, they contain the same data and populate the CAMP engine trend reports automatically.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected). That’ll be easier!
  16. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

[email protected]

OK maybe I'm dense but where do I submit my hours for EEC? This is what the MyTechCare login looks like when I log in. Maybe it's not enabled yet?

I was able to upload CAS and Engine data. I'm assuming you use the same upload mechanism for both as I didn't see a way to do it otherwise.

Thanks!

(Username Protected)-

Name:  EEC.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  38.9 KB
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    OK maybe I'm dense but where do I submit my hours for EEC? This is what the MyTechCare login looks like when I log in. Maybe it's not enabled yet?

I was able to upload CAS and Engine data. I'm assuming you use the same upload mechanism for both as I didn't see a way to do it otherwise.

Thanks!

(Username Protected)-

Name:  EEC.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  38.9 KB
    (Username Protected),

I'd say you are not crazy. I didn't look back in the thread but I believe you are a new owner? They haven't yet properly populated your account. It should look like this - note EEC is in the top bar: (The second picture is how it looks on my ipad. - m.mytechcare etc.....)

Name:  Screen Shot 2021-06-19 at 5.45.22 PM.jpg
Views: 950
Size:  50.8 KB
    Attachments Attachments  
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Thanks, (Username Protected).

I just used it for the first time today. I was not quite as precise as you were, though. I waited until I was in cruise for a while and then took note of all of the numbers. I saw that the email went through when I got to my house.

It will be interesting to see how it compares to the prior trend data!

(Username Protected)
    N685AS
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 11 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Hey, (Username Protected)!

I am waiting for my AHEAD account to be set up, so figured I would use the app until then. However, is the data upload manual in AHEAD or is it a file download from the Garmin?

(Username Protected)
    N685AS
  20. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected)!
  21. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Your response included the statement, "After downloading you can purge the content of the folder." Please clarify for another newbie, purge from what folder? I download all files from the two folders monthly, but I have never purged the folders on the G1000. The G1000 folder contains flight times and data for hundreds of flights dating back years. Each month I download all of the files (old and new) and then upload them to AHEAD. It takes a little longer to transfer the data each month. So it's OK to purge the folders on the G1000? Odd - I don't think I saw an option for this operation on the menu. I'll look again.

PS - After I upload the Log Files to AHEAD, I wait two days to enter data into EEC and ESP. By that time, the engine times data I uploaded to AHEAD has somehow transferred, and I need only enter cycles.
  22. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Please clarify for another newbie, purge from what folder?
    Yes you can empty the folder on the G1000, that will speed up subsequent downloads. I don't recall the exact wording but think it says "Delete all Logs in Folder". There is also a "Delete all Logs" but that deletes all logs in all folders, so don't do that accidentally before you download both.

PS - After I upload the Log Files to AHEAD, I wait two days to enter data into EEC and ESP. By that time, the engine times data I uploaded to AHEAD has somehow transferred, and I need only enter cycles.
    Correct. The flight hours also transfers to CAMP if you use that for maintenance tracking.