1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

EEC Update on Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 Batteries Coverage Support

I received an email from the new head of EEC, Paulo McCluskey.

Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 Batteries Coverage Support

We have listened closely to your feedback about the Concorde Battery STC*. And although Embraer does not cover STCs within Embraer Executive Care, we created a solution for this specific case.

Embraer Executive Care and Prime Parts customers who have already installed the Concorde Battery STC or are interested to install this STC, will now be eligible to receive a credit when the current batteries have failed.

* STC numbers: SA01703WI / SA00959DE (Embraer EMB 505) and SA01633WI (Embraer EMB-500)
    I emailed Paul for a clarification on "when the current batteries have failed". Maybe they meant "when the Concorde batteries have failed"?
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I emailed Paul for a clarification on "when the current batteries have failed". Maybe they meant "when the Concorde batteries have failed"?
    Well, that makes two of us.....I emailed him as well to find out exactly what this means. The communication was clear as mud!
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    LOL...I emailed him too. My batteries have an upcoming check, and if they fail I'd like to replace them with Concorde's. So I asked him if EEC will replace my batteries with Concorde's IF I pay for the STC.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    My response received today:

Hello (Username Protected),

Thanx for reaching out!

The financial transaction we will be able to cover through claims inside EEC will allow you to choose if you would like to apply the Concorde STC and be able to use the Program for R&R of the Concorde battery – but only after you have opted to apply it.

In other words – once you install the STC and the battery is out of warranty, we will be able to cover any failures through a financial transaction. Embraer is in no way endorsing or sponsoring STCs.

Hope this helps – feel free to reach out. Thanx

Paulo McCluskey
    Embraer Executive Care
    Embraer / Services & Support
    P:954 359 3860
    M:407 408 4799

[email protected]
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Can someone explain why Concorde would even charge for an STC so that customers would have the right to buy and use Concorde products? It would seem to me that the prudent thing for them to do would be to offer the STC to all Phenom 100 owners at no charge, and by doing so gain millions of dollars of repeat business for themselves.

I guess I'm too simple of a guy - I would never tell my customers that they have to pay me for the right to buy my products.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    I considered Concorde batteries when I needed to replace the batteries in my Phenom 300 last summer, and at least at that time Concorde offered the STC to me at no charge.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I think they need to provide more clarity (and I have asked). For now, it sounds like they are not going to cover the INITIAL replacement of Gill batteries by Concorde (even if the Gills are failed) ... "you install the STC" ... but they will cover replacement of the Concordes once the Concordes fail out of warranty.
    IF that is the case, you basically are out of pocket one replacement cycle to get switched over.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Received this notification this morning regarding clarification on the switch to Concorde batteries.

EEC_P100_P300 Batteries Coverage Support[5].pdf
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Here is the Concorde battery for the Phenom 100. I haven't spoken to Concorde yet, but I'm hoping they'll thrown in the STC at N/C for members who want to make the switch. Name:  Screenshot 2021-06-02 084818.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  46.1 KB
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Then again, you could just go with the Gill batteries and put the dollars you'd spend on the Concorde battery towards a Startpac like this one. I bought one with a cart, and it is a LOT cheaper than 2 new batteries. Just an idea. Name:  Startpac.jpg
Views: 1530
Size:  40.3 KBName:  Cost.jpg
Views: 1525
Size:  32.8 KB
  11. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    For those who didn't want to read the PDF that (Username Protected) posted, it says that they will cover both switching to Concorde from a failed Gill battery or replacing a failed Concorde battery, at a fixed dollar amount per battery, to be paid as a credit against your EEC account.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Concorde sent me an email, with no offer to cover the STC cost to anyone wanting to replace their Gill batteries, i.e. "Currently Concorde is selling the STC and the replacement batteries through its distribution network. There is a distributor list on the website.
    "
  13. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    For those who didn't want to read the PDF that (Username Protected) posted, it says that they will cover both switching to Concorde from a failed Gill battery or replacing a failed Concorde battery, at a fixed dollar amount per battery, to be paid as a credit against your EEC account.
    After reading this again, I am back to not being clear. I certainly think that they will cover replacement Concordes. What isn't clear is whether they'll cover the first Concorde to replace a failed GIll.
  14. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Last I talked to my FSR he mentioned uncertainty around initial replacement, but said once you are on them, they will be giving you credit towards Gill's and you pay the difference for Concorde's.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Off topic, but does anyone know if ELT battery replacement is covered by EEC Standard? My main ship batteries are covered, but I am being told ELT batteries are not, which doesn't make sense to me.
  16. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Off topic, but does anyone know if ELT battery replacement is covered by EEC Standard? My main ship batteries are covered, but I am being told ELT batteries are not, which doesn't make sense to me.
    (Username Protected),

On my contract "Emergency Equipment" is listed an Excluded Material, I assume that is what they base the denial on.
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected), although I did get some good information from Tom Schuh at Embraer, which is:

"When the service center looks up this expendable battery, it will show at cost. This battery is indeed covered by EEC as an expendable. Expendables, ordered by the service center, need to have the cost claimed under warranty by the service center.

Please call me if you have further questions.
    Best regards,
    Tom Schuh"
  18. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected), although I did get some good information from Tom Schuh at Embraer, which is:

"When the service center looks up this expendable battery, it will show at cost. This battery is indeed covered by EEC as an expendable. Expendables, ordered by the service center, need to have the cost claimed under warranty by the service center.

Please call me if you have further questions.
    Best regards,
    Tom Schuh"
    (Username Protected) good of you to push back at the SC, I have had to do that too for odd items. Recently they wanted to bill me $1200 for a seat back gas strut, because their SC warranty team said it wasn't covered. I just happened to have EEC pay for a strut earlier in the year, so I knew well it was covered. Some emails with EEC and it was sorted.

My plane is in for the 120 mo inspection now, can't wait to start auditing the bill. In my mind everything is covered unless it is specifically excluded in the contract.
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Does anyone have a price for the STC for the 100? Do we need 2 of them, one for each battery? Where do you order them from? Thanks!

(Username Protected)
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Just ordered one, 600 bucks. Done.
  21. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Did you get the STC for the batteries for $600?
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 14 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Yes. It was well worth it.
  23. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 34 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Has anyone done the STC on the 300 recently and have what it costs for the STC plus your share of the battery cost? I’ve had surprisingly good luck with the Gills over the past 6 years until this set which failed cap check at 12 months. Battery #1 which is a PN# 7639-34 on our jet is in exceedingly short supply and is making me re-evaluate what direction we’ll go if/when the next set fails. Last time we inquired about the Concorde STC, reimbursement was roughly 1/3 of the battery cost for initial purchase and that much as well if it needs replacement. Getting reimbursed for anything through EEC is a whole other headache in itself. A battery hasn’t caused a missed flight which makes it difficult to justify paying $5-7K out of pocket while EEC covers the Gills completely.