1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Proposed AD for P300 Refreshment Center Reinforcement

The FAA today proposed an AD for P300 which requires operators to "install reinforcements on the RH refreshment center and LH forward cabinet, and to replace rivets of the floor support of the RH Refreshment Center".

It is based on ANAC AD 2023–05–03 (attached), which itself is based on SB505-25-0046.

The ANAC AD gives 36 mo to comply, I am assuming the FAA one will have a similar timeline.

The FAA proposes to adopt a new airworthiness directive (AD) for certain Embraer S.A. (Embraer) Model EMB–505 airplanes. This proposed AD was prompted by analysis of certain monuments (the right-hand refreshment center and left-hand forward cabinet) that identified the need for installing structural reinforcements and replacing certain floor support rivets. This proposed AD would require installing structural reinforcements on certain monuments and replacing certain floor support rivets, as specified in an Agência Nacional de Aviação Civil (ANAC) AD, which is proposed for incorporation by reference (IBR). The FAA is proposing this AD to address the unsafe condition on these products.
    https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...r-sa-airplanes
    Attachments Attachments
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Any idea of the serial numbers affected?

(Username Protected)
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Any idea of the serial numbers affected?

(Username Protected)
    (Username Protected), the earliest SN I see is 505-0004 and the latest I see is 505-0592. The list is not "inclusive" but there are a lot listed.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 25 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

Exclamation

Heads up! (Phenom 300)

19 Feb 2024, Revision 2 came out and it's kind of a big deal. The original SB was issued 31 Mar 2021, and compliance time was "at the next 60 month inspection". Revision 2 changes that to "within 36 months from the original issue date" !!!! That means March 2024.

But Embraer is (not) prepared - they tell my service center parts aren't available until July.