1. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Researching Phenom 100

Lightbulb Looking for a pre-buy inspection

Hello.

I am new to this Forum so I decided to go through the 'Member introduction' thread.

I am looking for some orientation for a pre-buy inspection.

I am interested in checking as much as possible. From maintenance records to those details that only experienced phenom pilots could know.

Any ideas?

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

(Username Protected) is a member here who is up in Melbourne. You can hire him to point you in the right direction.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    (Username Protected) Grinnell is also an excellent resource at AeroStar in Dallas.
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    +1 for (Username Protected) Grinnell/AeroStar. He performed my pre-buy and has been super helpful since then.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 29 times
    Other Services Provider
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected),

(Username Protected) is a member here who is up in Melbourne. You can hire him to point you in the right direction.
    Thank you (Username Protected). This reference is very appreciated.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I had a really good prebuy experience at Westar in Grand Junction. Joe Carr and team have a great amount of experience with Phenoms. Plus they do everything from pre-buy to paint.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Another Plus 1 for Westar - they recently did the pre-buy on our new-to-us 100 and like (Username Protected) said, do everything you can imagine. We had Eric Hammer of Elliot holding our hand and coordinating for us and I can't imagine going it alone without someone like him.

(Username Protected)-
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100

Phenom 100 lease for type

Hi All
    i just joined and I am interested in getting a Phenom type rating, possibly in Southern California. Am interested in leasing a plane for that purpose.
    I am also in the market for purchase of one, looking.
    currently, flying an Eclipse 500.
    if anyone can help directly or guide me towards someone who might be interested in letting me lease their aircraft, I would be grateful.
    My time frame is mid Nov.
    Thanks.
    (Username Protected)
    [email protected]
  9. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Welcome (Username Protected)!

Insurance has made it really hard recently for owners to dry lease planes, specially for training operations. I used to lease my P100 to Norton Aviation for training events, but had to stop when I switched underwriter.

It seems that most people buy first, then get typed OR they go to CAE in Dallas and get the initial in the simulator.
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Welcome (Username Protected)!

Insurance has made it really hard recently for owners to dry lease planes, specially for training operations. I used to lease my P100 to Norton Aviation for training events, but had to stop when I switched underwriter.

It seems that most people buy first, then get typed OR they go to CAE in Dallas and get the initial in the simulator.
    Thanks (Username Protected)!
    I was hoping to get the training out of the way while looking for he plane. Not a friendly market right now, as you may know.
    But thanks for your reply.
    Great job on another site, BTW!
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    (Username Protected), I am also an Eclipse driver and recently closed on a Phenom 100. I looked at different options for training including in plane and waiting until I actually find a plane, in plane and leasing a plane and CAE in Dallas. I've used Norton in the past and have always pleased. I've also used FlightSafety for both initial and recurrent in a Mustang. Ultimately I went with CAE for the reasons both you (tough market to find a plane) and (Username Protected) (harder to find a plane to lease) stated. CAE has a very high quality program with quality instructors. The simulator gets lots of use and shows its age a bit, lots of "simisms" but is still very good. I found this to be the best way to get the type rating done while looking for a plane.

(Username Protected)