1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pilot

Best GPU for Phenom 100?

Hello all,
    We will be getting out Phenom 100ev next month and we are looking for a GPU solution. The airplane will be spending a lot of time in Florida so we would like to be able to power the air conditioning on the ground prior to start up, as well as doing some avionics training in the hanger when the aircraft arrives. if you have any recommendations please let me know! Thanks!
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Do you have 220v in the hangar or are you looking for a gas powered solution?
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Yes we have 220v in the hanger
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Congratulations on your new (Username Protected)! Fox carts work fine. You just have to adjust voltage to get it on board then raise the voltage to keep it there especially when using the VCS (AC). The start PACs work for running avionics but that’s about it. I am a full time contract and mentor pilot on both the 100 and 300 of you ever have the need. I have been flying and teaching on these since before certification. Feel free to call me with any questions. 8179038152
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    I used this unit for about 4 years. It is strong enough to operate the VCS but not start the engines. It worked well in hot southern climates.
    https://pilotjohn.com/new/start-pac/53300
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor

Gpu

Hi (Username Protected),

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Fox Carts They work fine for A/C but you have to turn the voltage up to accommodate the A/C amps. The voltage has to be below 29V for the white light to show power available. As soon as you turn the A/C on the voltage drops to about 25 volts. You then have to go outside and turn up the voltage. When you start with the FOX cart, it drops off the line because the voltage spikes and then you end up doing a battery start. Some operators turn the A/C off prior to the start. When this happens the voltage on the Fox cart goes above 29v and the electrical system disconnects the Fox cart due to high voltage. Constant aggravation but if you have a limited budget then yes its ok

here is an excellent unit that has auto voltage control and you will love having

https://www.aviationgroundequip.com/...t-gpu-400-600/

Thanks
    (Username Protected)
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Hi (Username Protected),

Do yourself a favor and stay away from the Fox Carts They work fine for A/C but you have to turn the voltage up to accommodate the A/C amps. The voltage has to be below 29V for the white light to show power available. As soon as you turn the A/C on the voltage drops to about 25 volts. You then have to go outside and turn up the voltage. When you start with the FOX cart, it drops off the line because the voltage spikes and then you end up doing a battery start. Some operators turn the A/C off prior to the start. When this happens the voltage on the Fox cart goes above 29v and the electrical system disconnects the Fox cart due to high voltage. Constant aggravation but if you have a limited budget then yes its ok

here is an excellent unit that has auto voltage control and you will love having

https://www.aviationgroundequip.com/...t-gpu-400-600/

Thanks
    (Username Protected)
    This is right on point - you can’t go wrong with the Hobart 400 or 600.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Does anyone know of a solution for Phenom 100 with single phase power in the hanger. 240/120V/60/1
  9. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hey (Username Protected),

There are few if any options that will run on 1P power. I have designed my own GPU and am in the process of putting it together; yes I'm an electrical engineer and do this type of thing for a living. I've already run my P300 with the power supply and it performed beautifully. I may put together units for sale within the Phenom community shortly. Send me a PM if you are interested.
  10. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Below are a couple pics of my GPU. If there is interest I'll create a datasheet and work up a price to build more for Phenom Pilots. The unit powers my P300 beautifully from a 60A 220V plug including the A/C.

Name:  GPU.jpg
Views: 1636
Size:  92.2 KB

Name:  GPU Top.jpg
Views: 1548
Size:  86.0 KB
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 26 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected):
    I am interested in acquiring one your GPUs. Please send me the datasheet and price info.
    (Username Protected)
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Phillip,
    I would be interested in specs and pricing.
    Thanks, (Username Protected)
    4sg(Username Protected)@gmail.com
  13. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for your interest!

I will get on this project once I've cleared a few items off my plate; I am a bit saturated at the moment.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I'd be interested in the specs and pricing as well!