1. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 300 paint?

Has anyone painted their 300 recently? Any recommendations for a shop that does a good job? Price references?

Thanks!
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected) -

From my personal experience Elliott is one of the best if not the best. Duncan is also up there from what I hear. Both have the best warranties too. I can't speak about Duncan, but Elliott probably is on the high end, but you will get what you paid for. Depending on what they find when they strip and the design you want, but if you are looking to do something similar to what a new 300 comes out looking like, its probably around $110k. I would not be surprised if you found quotes in the $80s.

I kept the base (belly) coat (with some parts that were re-done) on my plane and the wings and they redid the nose and top coat to what I wanted and it cost me close to $60k. My plane looks brand new to me.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected), Do you have a contact from when you painted?
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Adam Doyle
    Paint and Interior Sales Manager
    Elliott Aviation of the Quad Cities

[email protected]

Mobile 309-269-7685
    Direct 309-558-2092
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Any recommendations in the Northeast?
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Bump on this thread to see if anyone else has recommendations besides Elliott and Duncan. I would like to get my plane painted this coming winter.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I can recommend West Star in Grand Junction, I’ve seen some very good paint jobs come out of their shop, it would be worth talking to them.
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Corrigan in Hondo Texas great bang for the buck. On the high end West Star GJT outstanding along with Duncan. I'm curious as I've heard that West Star and Duncan use Dupont paint while Embraer is bound under contract to use Akzo Nobel. I was surprised as I thought an ASC would also be bound.

One other comment on paint - many people like the Embraer demo scheme (they call it tuxedo) however it is a bear to touch up. Once they start dropping panels on inspections it becomes noticeable. Keep it simple and get a teflon coating. I always advise the coating for my owners. Reasonable price, keeps the gloss and helps the paint stay on longer around the nose and nacelles.

Ok one more comment - Scheme designers does a nice job if you're playing around with different ideas.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

300 complete custom paint.

I just finished doing a complete custom paint job with Corrigan Air Center. I’m extremely picky on the project. They knocked it out of the park!
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I just finished doing a complete custom paint job with Corrigan Air Center. I’m extremely picky on the project. They knocked it out of the park!
    We might need to see some pictures
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    314-277-4000 give me a call or send me a text and I’ll send them to you.
  12. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I sent out RFQs to Duncan, WestStar, Elliott for the big names and Corrigan and East Coast for the smaller shops. Does anyone have experience with East Coast? They are a small family operation and claim to have painted four Phenoms recently. I've asked for references. Thus far, they are by far the most responsive.
  13. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I suggest you talk to Scheme Design, who likely will do you paint design specs. They've worked with everyone and will give you an honest appraisal.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 26 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I had Corrigan Air Center paint my P300 three years ago. They did a great job. Scheme Design did the paint scheme and Corrigan put it on the plane perfectly. No problems after three years with the paint except minor chipping on the usual high wind impact areas. Have your exterior placards painted on instead of using plastic stickers. Only downside to Corrigan is the 45-60 minute ride to KSAT on drop off and pickup.
  15. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Totally agree, great team. We had our plane painted at Corrigan, design executed at Scheme Design. Highly recommend both.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 32 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I sent out RFQs to Duncan, WestStar, Elliott for the big names and Corrigan and East Coast for the smaller shops. Does anyone have experience with East Coast? They are a small family operation and claim to have painted four Phenoms recently. I've asked for references. Thus far, they are by far the most responsive.
    I'm curious what kind of turn-around times they're anticipating. We're looking to repaint in 2024, but I need to forecast some downtime.

Great meeting you at recurrent.
  17. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I suggest you talk to Mike and see. It's the strip and prep that takes all the time. i believe we ended up 6 weeks which included having interior done.