1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

P300 Maintenance Costs

Hi guys - company I fly for has a P100EV and the owner has his eye on a P300 to step up to something bigger. The one he is considering is a 2012 model with some nice upgrades, but obviously that brings the landing gear upgrade and 120-month inspection up as costs that need to be considered in the near term. Plenty of good info on what to expect regarding landing gear (budget for $200k and 6 weeks or so), but what about the 120-month inspection? How intrusive is this, how much (generally) can we expect to spend, and how long in terms of down-time can we expect as well? Thanks for the help - just want to be armed with as much information as possible before possibly getting into what looks like a good deal on paper but could have some hidden costs over the next year or so.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), The 10 years inspection is very intrusive. my 10 year inspection + gear + all squawks from the 10 yrs and gear was $255k. If you go with ATR on the gear will probably be about 40k less my guess. My plane was well maintained and I was the owner for the 10 years and 2,000 hours on it. Plan on 7 to 8 weeks. I got done in 7.5 weeks. I do not know anyone that was flying the plane in 6 weeks.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I don’t have numbers to prove it from my history, but I almost felt that the overall costs to maintain both were similar. Programs are more for engines but not incrementally more. The actual labor hours seem pretty consistent and if you look at gear overhaul costs it’s not very different.

Ron Dech likely has the labor estimates between the two.
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

This wiki entry has the labor hours for the P100 vs P300. They are substantially the same, except for the 10 and 5 year inspections which are little bit more intensive.

https://www.phenompilots.org/wiki/ph...ed-maintenance
    Name:  Cal Chart.jpg
Views: 1262
Size:  62.7 KB

My EEC hourly costs are substantially higher on the P300. Engine costs just slightly. I am coming up on two years of ownership. But it is all worth it, the P300 is really a no-compromise plane.

I am planning to use AeTR for my gears, and the best quotes likely has me out the door at $200k including the 120 mo service.