1. Username Protected

Thanked 15 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Adding additional chart regions on the G3000

I tried to call Jeppesen today but their wait time was "less than 204 minutes" and nobody was available to chat. I've only been using Jeppesen data for about the last year and I find their websites to be non user friendly or at least the learning curve is pretty steep.

I'm planning a flight to the Bahamas and would like to make sure I have charts and wanted to pick up the right one time subscription. I have a few questions. Currently, I have a subscription to one of their North American combo packages which has the 'Americas' nav data which covers the Bahamas, so I'm good there. But for the charts, I'm not clear on how the system works. For this short trip, if the right charts just showed up on my Foreflight, I would be happy but I'm also curious on how to load them into the G3000 alongside everything else in my current subscription.

Questions:

-- I can find a 'Florida/Bahamas' chart package in the Jeppesen company store that should have what I want. If I purchase that on, does everything just automatically show up in my linked Foreflight account?

-- After purchasing the above, I assume I can go into JDM and download the chart package along with everything in my current subscription to my SD card. Do all the charts get merged on the SD card and on the G3000, or do I have to intentionally switch databases in the 3000 before heading out to the Bahamas?

-- Are there any tricks or things to watch for when adding the additional data to the G3000? I don't want to wipe out my current charts in the process.

Thanks!

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Yes if you buy the Florida/Bahamas chart package from Jepp it should show in your linked ForeFlight account (it usually takes Jeppesen a few hours to process the order).

All the charts should get merged into the new JDM download onto the SD card.