1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker

Any burning Embraer Feedback?

I have a call with Marsha tomorrow if anyone has any positive or constructive feedback they would like me to share. Just let me know.
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    1) No burning feedback but over at EJOA Maury Yamazaki posted that the P100 Performance Enhancement project "is still at early development stages, where we are working on the technical feasibility studies, to define which are the eligible airplanes/configurations, and also the business side of this new enhancement."

They started talking about this project almost three years ago, in April 2018, and they are still in feasibility mode? As much as I want to hear about potential projects, it probably serves Embraer better not to pre-announce projects like that.

2) EEC Coverage for NXi, or a reduction in fees to offset the loss of coverage. Same for the landing gear actuators etc if overhauled at a separate facility.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    3) As has been noted on this site and others, Embraer needs to address P100 landing distance. It is costing them sales to the M2.

4) For what its worth, they also should take a look at 'optional' parts pricing. For example, swapping out P300 seats for the retractable arm P300 seats. If the price was anywhere close to reasonable I'd do it; however, they price their parts so far out in the stratosphere its untenable.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), Thank you for reaching out. I believe Marsha is really trying to improve customer service as I've noted before. Would Marsha be open to obtaining some of the answers to questions that operators and possible buyers have had, but not answered or fully explained by Embraer. e.g. why we have the -60c limitation and can the envelope be opened up even a few degrees, field performance improving with increased weight and temperature, addressing the battery issues and providing options (it would save EMB money in the long run to not have as many failures), the newest information letter that we're still deciphering...
    I'm sure others have suggestions that we could provide in advance and we could put together a zoom conference.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

Embraer did look into the -60 issue a few years ago, and reported back unambiguously that it could not be improved. The "why" was reported as various system reasons, so that could have been more specific, but the end result was definite.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    Had a great call with Marsha and I agree with (Username Protected) - she wants to make a positive difference in the Embraer Customer Support experience. What a first year she went through! The Boeing deal cratered then a global pandemic hit. Can you imagine how she had to re-calibrate the gyros after those 2 events? Try shoring up the parts availability with a crippled supply chain. She noted that they have made progress on items like KYC for new owners and the focus on onboarding new clients remains a priority. One of the most notable adjustments from her previous role at Gulfstream was the business experience of the customer base: Owner/operators vs flight departments. That of course can cut both ways - sometimes very helpful in understanding the wickets she has to maneuver within and sometimes challenging because it's very difficult to move the dials on a global company with the speed that many owners want to see. I would say the main takeaway is that Embraer as a service organization is focused on more outreach and looking to develop closer relationships with their clients. I encouraged her to come on the forum - perhaps in a live interview format to talk more on their priorities and to get to know everyone here better. Overall, a great connection and a plus for all owners.
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for reaching out, hopefully, she'll take you up on the offer.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Well, I just bought a new Embraer and my onboarding experience has been catastrophic. Note I am a repeat customer
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

I'm so sorry to hear that! You've been such a great ambassador for the plane all along.

Can you share some of what went wrong?
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected)
    There were several things. The background is that I bought a new airplane from Embraer through a broker, and I guess for some reason they decided to treat it differently. Amongst other things, the Praetor for instance doesn’t have hard copies of all the manuals like POH! MEL, SOPs OB, it took Embraer 4 weeks after delivery to enable my access to my Techcare to include the new airplane, and we were flying around without those manuals. Note that I already had an account with Embraer.
    All the subscriptions like Engines, database service, Internet, datalink, all I got was a very basic PowerPoint presentation and no support to get it going, I had to do it all on my own.
    we needed to apply to the various LOA, and some of the specs necessary for theLOAs were in the manuals of the airplane. But again we did not have access to the manuals for several weeks.
    The team has been rather non responsive. It would take several emails and calls to the FSR to respond. In their defense my FSR has about 110 planes in his responsibility, Gulfstream and Cessna have between 30 to 45 planes.
    Cabin Management system, we asked Embraer to send a representative to show us how to operate all the cabin system, it is not a simple system, they said unable read the manuals,
    So this is just a quick list....
  11. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) - congrats on moving up a Praetor! I got typed last year "for fun", it is an awesome plane. Are you planning to keep the Phenom as well?
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I just sold the Phenom last week. I was probably the longest standing original Phenom owner with S/N 18. After 10.5 yrs, 2000 hours and only AOG where I had to scratch a flight, it is a Phenomenal airplane. Although the gear overhaul was the most frustrating part of the ownership. But no better plane in its class in the market.
    I miss the Garmin product already, the reason why the Praetor needs two pilots is because Rockwell Collins FMS
  13. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I just sold the Phenom last week. I was probably the longest standing original Phenom owner with S/N 18. After 10.5 yrs, 2000 hours and only AOG where I had to scratch a flight, it is a Phenomenal airplane. Although the gear overhaul was the most frustrating part of the ownership. But no better plane in its class in the market.
    I miss the Garmin product already, the reason why the Praetor needs two pilots is because Rockwell Collins FMS
    Awesome to hear. I added some more fields under "Embraer Relationship" on https://www.phenompilots.org/profile.php?do=editprofile, so you can now change it to be "Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot"
  14. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    I suspect the difficulty in the information sharing was because the broker actually had title to the aircraft. Have you been in contact with Doug Davidson there?
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected), I just spoke to him yesterday, they are trying to fix the situation. Good suggestion