1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The "air-stairs" that raise ~1" between steps are funny.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    If it was the XLS body and single pilot, they would potentially have something. I looked up XLS fuel burn and it was a good 20-30% more than the 300.

I'll be curious other than cosmetics if you will see Garmin 3000 in the CJ4. Should be announced today.
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    If it was the XLS body and single pilot, they would potentially have something. I looked up XLS fuel burn and it was a good 20-30% more than the 300.

I'll be curious other than cosmetics if you will see Garmin 3000 in the CJ4. Should be announced today.
    The rumor mill on CJP says just a cabin refresh with a mini air stair. (Username Protected)e PL21 as before, hopefully with synthetic vision (since it is you know 2021!) Live stream will be here https://www.youtube.com/user/CessnaAircraftCo at 11am ET.

Name:  EtjWpEhXUAEumyj.jpg
Views: 1828
Size:  32.7 KB
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Live now - Citation CJ4 Gen2

https://cessna.txtav.com/cj4gen2

No match for the P300E in my mind.
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Doesn't look like any upgrades to the avionics of note (other than possibly a new radar). No SynVis (despite that being available on Pro Line 21), no Pro Line Fusion.
    Seems clear they have 0 interest on the owner-flown market with the CJ4, keeping a clear market separation from the CJ3+.
    Nice looking interior though!
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    What a waste. I turned it off when I saw it was still Pro Line 21.

I know the 525 series is a success for Textron, the cabin amenities were not the issue, it was the size of the tube and shape of it. The fact that they left Collins in it is a huge mistake in my opinion long term. Especially when their M2 and CJ3+ is all garmin.
  8. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    When I was at Cessna we were told that the integration of the ProLine 21 into the CJ4 systems make conversion to Garmin cost prohibitive. This Gen2 seems to validate that.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    When I was at Cessna we were told that the integration of the ProLine 21 into the CJ4 systems make conversion to Garmin cost prohibitive. This Gen2 seems to validate that.
    That may be true, but they probably could have gone to Fusion easily (as shown by the CJ3 STC).
    I think it's more that the buyers they are targeting are corporate buyers upgrading older Citations or Lears with professional pilots who already know PL21 and thus the learning curve is less than if they moved to Garmin to try and attract a different buyer who really cares about avionics.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Aircraft Broker
    That may be true, but they probably could have gone to Fusion easily (as shown by the CJ3 STC).
    I think it's more that the buyers they are targeting are corporate buyers upgrading older Citations or Lears with professional pilots who already know PL21 and thus the learning curve is less than if they moved to Garmin to try and attract a different buyer who really cares about avionics.
    I think you hit the nail on the head here, (Username Protected). That seems to be the sentiment among CJ4 corporate operators I've spoken with recently.
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Aircraft Broker
    The Fusion is definitely a double edge sword in the CJ3. It's an awesome upgrade but none of the fleet operators want it because of the additional training costs of having a split fleet.... that mentality is what got us the 737MAX... eventually you have to embrace change. I was REALLY hoping for more but I'm definitely not surprised.