1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker

BDL Closing

I'm hearing that this service center will close this April. Work shifting to FLL
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Yes, just got a call from some customer rep in Melbourne......officially closing end of March.........I’m up here in the northeast, huge pain in the ass now
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thats too bad as Tony and the team have been great to work with. I have my 24 month on 3/22 - sounds like I'll be turning the lights off when the plane leaves...
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    In my experience, Tony has consistently been one of their most competent and customer focused workers. I have his information if anyone is aware of an operation nearby looking for a high quality employee.
  5. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Marsha sent out the following letter to EJOA:

Dear EJOA Community:

Today we would like to share news of the upcoming closure of our owned service center located at the Bradley International Airport in Windsor Locks, Connecticut.

This closure is part of Embraer’s optimization plan that began in 2020, as well as our vision to further develop a network of excellence across the country with the ultimate goal of providing increased quality and attention to our customers. While supporting this plan, the closure will also allow for the re-focusing of our resources to other service center locations, as we continue to evaluate the future expansion of our network to support our growing fleet of Phenoms and Praetors.

At Embraer, we are committed to our vision to deliver the ultimate experience in business aviation, and this change will allow us to increase synergies among our service centers, as well as strengthen partnerships with authorized service centers to better serve your operation. Embraer KBDL will cease operations at the end of March 2021.

If your aircraft is regularly serviced at this facility, it will continue to receive the highest quality of service at our existing owned service centers or through our extensive network of nearby authorized service centers. The MRO team will work with you to ensure the smooth transition of your scheduled maintenance to one of these centers.

If you need assistance finding a maintenance slot, we encourage you to reach out to your Aftermarket Sales Representative for help: [email protected]. We understand that the services network is one of the most important factors in aircraft ownership and appreciate the impact this change may have on you. We want to assure you, however, of our unwavering commitment to support you, while Embraer continues to reassess its services network and strategic investment plans for growth.

Thank you,

Marsha Woelber
    Head of Worldwide Customer Support and Aftermarket Sales
    Embraer Services and Support
    [email protected]
    +1 321 831 4721
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Other
    Letter likely sincere and genuine in intent. Reality is likely, "Hey, we are hunkering down, cutting costs and conserving our cash." Reducing footprint is usually not a growth move. Just one man's guess
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Agree.....typical corporate response.....translation...... more cost effective to outsource to authorized service centers.
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I agree with your analysis. I would like to note that Marsha Woelber, the messenger, is really trying to improve EMB's responsiveness. Marsha recently stepped in and solved an AOG when we were getting the run around. Maybe she'll find an independent in the Northeast to help take off some of the pressure. 1,000 miles is a long way to go for most service requirements.
  9. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 103 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Word on the street is the facility may be purchased by a company with years of Embraer maintenance experience.