1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Help Me Shop for a Phenom 100: Rigid Lav Door? Premium Pax Door?

Hey all--

I just sold my Eclipse and it's time to choose my upgrade plane. I am st(Username Protected)gly considering a Phenom 100 as my next plane.

After hearing about the rigid lav door option, the women in my family have declared that it is not an option, it is a must-have. I haven't actually seen one, and it seems that most of the for-sale f(Username Protected)t doesn't have them. Any comments here?

Flip side, I see a lot of listings advertise a Premium Pax Door, and I've heard that that is an important option to get, but I don't understand what it is. Can someone help me understand the difference?
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

The 300's have the rigid door as standard, but they are not as common the 100. I know you can add it via a service bulletin, but it was $40k back in 2011 so probably double now. Any Embraer Service Center should be able to get you an accurate quote.

The lavatory door is a dual pocket door which replaces the existing cabin / lavatory standard curtain. This door separates the lavatory from the passenger cabin increasing privacy and improving the acoustic comfort. Due to the thickness of the new bulkhead, the reclining feature of the forward-facing seats (AFT LH and AFT RH) will not be available.
    Regarding the premium pax door, that refers to the stainless telescopic rods instead of cables as door handles and led lights on the entry door steps. I don't think I have seen a P100 that doesn't have the telescopic rods.
  3. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    My P100 has both the rigid lav doors and the premium stairs. I would consider the premium stairs as a must have and the lav doors as a nice to have. I will say the rigid lav door operation is not intuitive and thus requires a bit of instruction prior to the flight.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I agree with (Username Protected), have never seen a 100 without the premium door.

As far as the rigid door, it’s funny when you’re looking at these planes and you absolutely must have something. Remember we never even had a head in the Eclipse! I have the curtain. Since the head has never been used in flight(except on the ferry flight from UK when purchased), it’s probably not a must have. I certainly wouldn’t spend extra money for the rigid door!
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    (Username Protected), I agree with (Username Protected), have never seen a 100 without the premium door.

As far as the rigid door, it’s funny when you’re looking at these planes and you absolutely must have something. Remember we never even had a head in the Eclipse! I have the curtain. Since the head has never been used in flight(except on the ferry flight from UK when purchased), it’s probably not a must have. I certainly wouldn’t spend extra money for the rigid door!
    I think our head has been used two or three times in the past 6 years.... It is the mere presence of the head that provides comfort to my wife and other female passengers; go figure.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 51 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    With the rigid lavatory door, it looks like the aft seats lose the ability to recline and don’t even have recline handles at their base - so first, is that true for the rigid lav door if it was a factory option selected at initial delivery, or only if the service bulletin is used to add the door later on?

Second , does anyone know how far the two rear facing seats recline?

Third, and finally, do any of the seats have forward tracking to allow you to scoot forward and create more space for you to recline back into?

Side Note- I know there is an option to add the fully articulating seats that have forward, lateral and swivel capability but it’s $209k to have two of the seats installed and all of that movement capability at the aft starboard seat gets restricted because of its location at the emergency exit. 183k to do just one seat. Still waiting to hear back from embraer on the cost to do all 4, I don’t think it’s double because a lot of that cost must be engineering or documentation work since the price difference between one and two seats is only 14%. Thanks!
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    With the rigid lavatory door, it looks like the aft seats lose the ability to recline and don’t even have recline handles at their base - so first, is that true for the rigid lav door if it was a factory option selected at initial delivery, or only if the service bulletin is used to add the door later on?
    I need a current P100 pilot to verify, but I recall that the aft seats have limited recline (1-2"?) whether you had the lavatory door or not, since the bulkhead panels dividing the cabin from the lavatory is always there.

None of the P100 seats are movable other than recline. I think the P100EV seats fully articulating (like on the P300), so the SB you are referencing is likely to retrofit those seats.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I have a P100EV and all the seats recline about an 1" - 1 1/2". I do have the rigid lav door but I don't have the swivel seat option which does add some weight.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 29 times
    Other Services Provider
    (Username Protected), I remember the right aft seat having some recline in "all" Phenom100's although its proximity to the emergency exit. I've been told, and hopefully this can be confirmed, the rigid door when closed results in a quieter cabin. A little off topic...
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Aircraft Broker
    The rigid door when closed will play hell with your air temperature control, quieter ? yes, but when you are freezing or burning up, open the door
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    There are several seat options available in the E and EV and I don’t think they change any in relation to wether you have the curtain or hard lav door. The more they articulate, the heavier they are so some people just got the lighter version. If they will track forward, you will find that the left hand forward facing seat can then recline more; the same for the aft facing right hand seat. No matter which type seats are installed, the right hand forward facing seat will not move other than maybe reclining some due to restrictions imposed by the emergency exit being right there.