1. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot

Fuel Cap Keys

I had a lineman put one of my fuel cap keys in his pocket and the key was lost somewhere between his pocket and his washing machine. So, I found a site that has the exact fuel cap key, precut, and had a few sent to me. $8.87/key w/free shipping!

If anyone's interested:

https://www.easykeys.com/EMKA_9001-9..._Key_Lock.aspx

(Username Protected)
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you (Username Protected). We needed some extra keys for the airframe and it was a serious production. The service centers including EMB owned, couldn't provide additional keys. We had to go through Brazil, which took a few months and then have blanks cut locally by a specialty locksmith. It's an unusual blank and wasn't available from any of the online shops we could find. Textron knows the key based on serial number and just sends you copies for your airplane. Not sure why this isn't done for EMB.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    9023 was the code on the side of my key and it came precut from EasyKeys. It was really too easy
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    On a related note, the airplane key is from a Brazilian company Papaiz, model "Papaiz 10F". I have a few blank keys if anyone needs one. The company I bought them from is out of business, but trying to find a new source.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Took me close to two years to get keys. Only 1 key came with the plane. My former FSR couldn’t make it happen and two service centers couldn’t.

Finally, during the 10 year, Naples Jet Center made it happen. No idea how!
  6. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), based on (Username Protected)'s experience you should hold those blanks for now and auction them off.
  7. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    This is good stuff to know. I get asked often how to get new keys. Hello (Username Protected) and (Username Protected)!
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Got 2 of the keys made at Easykeys.com $17.74 including shipping. They work - not as good as the original - but they do work.

But there is someone who makes a fuel cap for the Phenom that doesn't require a key. The guy in the hangar next to me bought one from Yellowstone Jet Center but they probably picked it up from a vendor. Anyone know who it might be?

I could probably see a use for the locking caps if you leave the country, but most of the time I'd like the fuel truck to be able to put on fuel without me standing there with the key. So the caps without locks would really be nice.
  9. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    On my Phenom 100 the previous owner had inserted the key and unlocked the cap, and then cut the key off to make it flush with the rest of the cap. So my fuel caps were permanently unlocked.
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 56 times
    Aircraft Broker
    It is my understanding that the fuel caps from Textron fit on the Phenom. I took a plane through a recent PPI and it had the Textron caps installed. Chris Grinnell would have more details.
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Word ‘round the campfire is: You can buy them straight from Embraer through an MRO.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I was just quoted $1761 today for 2 fuel caps. Ouch!
  13. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 48 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    As (Username Protected) wrote the key provider for the cabin keys is out off business. Naples Jetcenter is not an option. Did anybody found a way to make a copy for a Phenom 100 key? (Username Protected) keys are unfortunately for a Phenom 300.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    My local locksmith shop did not have any blanks for the Euro Locks that matched my keys (100EV), so I googled euro locks and found a company in Canada that was able to send me the correct keys based off the number on it. Don’t recall the price, but it was not too bad. Sometime after that, a friend loaned me his lock picking set and it took me about 5 minutes to have both locks opened. I can still lock them if needed, just will need to pick them again to re-unlock.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Is this normal? The plane I’m looking at has the (Username Protected)me thing going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    On my Phenom 100 the previous owner had inserted the key and unlocked the cap, and then cut the key off to make it flush with the rest of the cap. So my fuel caps were permanently unlocked.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    A few operators did this, so not too unusual. Just now you cannot relock them unless you can get the broken key out.
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),
    We’ve got a Phenom 300 but no Keys for our fuel caps. Are all Phenom
    keys the (Username Protected)me if I contact your source. Or where do I find a serial # for
    someone to cut keys for me? Thanks, Steve
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), we’ve got a Phenom 300 and no keys were provided when we purchased it.
    Both caps are locked and I’d love to have at least (1) key if I ever get in a situation
    where single point isn’t available. If you can help, thank you.
    Steve (Fly(Username Protected)[email protected])
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 9 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    I can get the blank keys and mail it to you guys if you want.

Pm me.
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),,, that would be terrific. I'm trying to find a locksmith here but so far have not been successful. My email is: fly(Username Protected)[email protected]
    Address: 10300 Lake Side Dr
    Tuscaloo(Username Protected), Alabama
    U(Username Protected) 35406
  21. Username Protected

Thanked 4 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    We've got a P100EV, and the locksmith was unable to get blanks either - We purchased the EasyKeys mentioned above and they worked really well; very inexpensive too!

(Username Protected)
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    I found a local locksmith and he was able to cut keys (ILKO) brand for me. Shouldn't be that hard to replace these but at least now I was able to get some made..