1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pilot

Flight Planning numbers

Hey y all. We are almost there to flying our straight 100. Interior should be finished in a couple of weeks and I am trying to figure out our setup as far as FltPlanGo, ForeFlight and APG. We have ForeFlight, but I am trying to figure out planning fuel burn and was looking for advice. I was told a few different numbers out of the CAE instructors, but nothing solid. Other jets I have flown had rough estimates for the first hour, second hour and so on for fuel burn for both engines to get a rough idea while driving to the airport. The average I received from CAE was 1,150# 1st hour, 900# 2nd hour. A couple of the instructors suggested FltPlanGo for the fuel planning and ForeFlight for filing and using in the air/navigation. I just wanted to pick y alls brains on what you use and to see if anyone had any ideal settings to enter in FltPlanGo to get all set up. Of course I am looking in the POH and gathering numbers that way, but...

I appreciate all the advice from pilots on this site!
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The Phenom 100 HI-SPD Advanced Fuel Burn numbers in FLTPLAN.com are spot on. No changes needed.
    The numbers out of Foreflight Performance Plus are pretty close but usually a few hundred pounds light.
  3. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    What I did was take FltPlan's performance table by altitude:

FltPlan.com - AC Select To Chg Performance.pdf

Then I created my own ForeFlight Custom Enroute Profile from that information. I find it pretty close and I no longer have to use three systems. I do use two though, ForeFlight and APGs iPreFlight Genesis for takeoff and landing calcs.

From ForeFlights Aircraft page:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.24.56 PM.jpg
Views: 1688
Size:  32.8 KB

When you click Edit, you get to this page where you enter data up to 41,000:

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-12-01 at 9.25.19 PM.jpg
Views: 1628
Size:  76.9 KB
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I know the posts above are referencing the 100. On the 300, I find Foreflight is very accurate with time, but in general a little light on fuel as well. Naturally, level off's and early descents will eat you alive.
  5. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I know the posts above are referencing the 100. On the 300, I find Foreflight is very accurate with time, but in general a little light on fuel as well. Naturally, level off's and early descents will eat you alive.
    Agreed - step climbs and descents change everything!
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 7 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Light on fuel you mean it under or over estimates fuel burn? How much % would you adjust in ForeFlight slider setting? Thanks.
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 104 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The P300 HI-SPD model in FLTPLAN.com is very accurate. Does anyone have experience with the LRC or M0.70 models?
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Light on fuel you mean it under or over estimates fuel burn? How much % would you adjust in ForeFlight slider setting? Thanks.
    I mean it underestimates my usage. It hasn't been a lot that I use the slider, because almost every flight I don't get a perfect climb or I am brought down earlier than anticipated. It's possible its right on and its near impossible to ever get the perfect descent or climb and that is why its off. But if you were asking me what I have seen is no more than 200lbs more fuel burn than plan said.