1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Future G1000 NXi enhancements

Now that NXi is available for both the Phenom 100 and Phenom 300, let's start dreaming about future enhancements we would like to the see in the platform. Please post your ideas in this thread and I will pass it on to my contacts at Garmin. I fully expect that we need to pay for future enhancements and will be a good carrot to dangle in-front of Garmin.

Here is my dream list.

- CSC Current Speed Control
    Enable this button which has been on the aircraft since 2009. With CSC you can maintain the current speed as long as you are in ALT mode. Not as useful as an Auto Throttle but better than not having.

- Coupled Go Arounds
    If a Cirrus can do coupled GA, so should the Phenom...

- FAA Datacom
    We already have Eurolink 2000 capability with the GDR66 receiver, adding FAA Datacoom would be great for future requirements.

- FANS 1/A over GDR66 or GSR56 (Iridium)
    Flying over the Atlantic with FANS 1/A opens up some additonal routes.

- Integrated W&B and TOLD
    Enhance to the Weight Page to offer full W&B and TOLD data

- GWX 80 multi-scan radar
    The GWX features an auto-tilt mode where it builds a composite image of the storm and presets it to the pilot. Simplifies radar management substantially.
  2. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    While all the ideas are great, I would put the W&B/TOLD integration as number one, especially for the Phenom 100 with it's field performance issues.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The new Phenoms have couple go around. FANS I think it is a big deal that Embraer will just have to get it done. CSC will definitely be nice.
  4. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I must not understand what CSC does and how that defer from my FLC button?

I would be a +1 to get the W&B/TOLD numbers to get spit out instead still manually having to pull those. I would also add some form of logic that would potentially bring up the checklist based on CAS messages. (Username Protected) likely saw this on his latest type rating he added.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    It was supposed to modulate the FADEC to maintain selected cruise speed.
  6. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I would also add some form of logic that would potentially bring up the checklist based on CAS messages. (Username Protected) likely saw this on his latest type rating he added.
    Correct the Legacy 500 has this and it was very nice as things constantly kept failing

I recently started playing with Garmin's Enhanced checklist editor "Garmin CheckSet" (.gcl files instead of the older .ace), and this feature is supported by NXI with the right configurations (GCL also supports in-line links and images).

CAS linked checklist
    A CAS linked checklist feature allows alerts to be linked to checklists so that the checklist will be present in the CAS group when the alert is activate. This feature must also be enabled on the Garmin Flight Deck System.

Linking an alert to a checklist requires specifying both its class and name. You will need the airframe alerting configuration file to know these values. Multiple .GAME configuration files or a single .ARCADE file can be loaded to guide linking.

Linked alerts can be further refined to just a few of the leaf's alerts using a leaf mask bitwise field. A leaf mask of value 37 translates to 00100101 in binary which means the first, third, and sixth leaves are linked.
    I have reached out to my contact at Garmin to see if they can provide the airframe alerting configuration file.
  7. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I must not understand what CSC does and how that defer from my FLC button?
    Poor mans auto throttle. It will hold your current speed as long as you stay in Alt mode. From an early revision of the G1000 manual:

Name:  csc1.jpg
Views: 1127
Size:  81.5 KB
    Name:  csc2.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  78.2 KB
  8. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The attachments don't seem to work for me to open?
  9. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    The attachments don't seem to work for me to open?
    Fixed I think
  10. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That works! That's very neat, so basically it tells you what power setting you need to be at to achieve that speed?
  11. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That works! That's very neat, so basically it tells you what power setting you need to be at to achieve that speed?
    Even better, it will hold the speed automatically by modifying the FADEC without moving the throttles. But it can only adjust the N1 speed within the green band, you need to move the throttles outside of that band.
  12. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Even better, it will hold the speed automatically by modifying the FADEC without moving the throttles. But it can only adjust the N1 speed within the green band, you need to move the throttles outside of that band.
    I would definitely be in favor of this!