1. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Maintenance Provider

Garmin NXi update gotcha.

Recently I updated Phenom 100 SN: 91 NXi system software to version 3643.04 per Garmin mandatory service bulletin. What they fail to tell you is after you are done you need to follow SB 1999 Rev B and reactivate the CMC (Central Maintenance Computer) data logging.

The 3643.04 SB doesn’t tell you to do this. According to Garmin, you “just have to know” you have to do this!

So be aware and let your shop know.
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks great reminder. Happened to me too, had to go a Garmin dealer to get it reenabled.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I can't find any information on SB 1999 rev B anywhere. Searched Garmin's site, searched Embraer's site, searched Google. For that matter, I can't find any information about CMC data logging either, or what to do with the data once you have it.

Embraer's site is super-frustrating, as is Garmin's. Is there some secret club I don't know about that has this information?
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), by chance do you have a PDF copy of this SB? I can't find it anywhere
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    I sent an email to CAMP to ask them for clear instructions on data logging and exactly what they need in order to monitor my engine's health. Their response: contact Garmin Support Team (whoever they are). It is really unbelievable how much digging you have to do to find out this information, which should be supplied to all NXi users by both Garmin and CAMP.
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    Incredible…I’m doing my research too, will post it if I can find it
  7. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Embraer's site is super-frustrating, as is Garmin's. Is there some secret club I don't know about that has this information?
    Any Garmin dealer should have access to the Garmin Service Bulletins. It is in the dealer portal.
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I sent an email to CAMP to ask them for clear instructions on data logging and exactly what they need in order to monitor my engine's health. Their response: contact Garmin Support Team (whoever they are). It is really unbelievable how much digging you have to do to find out this information, which should be supplied to all NXi users by both Garmin and CAMP.
    https://www.phenompilots.org/threads...light=data+log

For CAMP engine trends, I upload my flight log files to AHEAD. Same login as EEC, then under Maintence > AHEAD. To get the logs from your plane, insert a blank SD card into upper slot and reboot MFD (it doesn't like inserting cards while powered on). Go to AUX > Maintenance page. For G1000 the password is EMBG1K (NXi you don't need a password to access). There are several folders but you only need two of them (CAS_CMC & Engine). Highlight the folder and press the menu key to access copy to SD card menu. The screen will then show the copying process. After downloading you can purge the content of the folder. You then upload the files from both folders to Embraer AHEAD, and they will automatically transfer to CAMP.
  9. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    It’s also possible to upload the logs to AHEAD via Satellite if you have the GSR56, or via Wi-Fi if you have it in your hangar (and it’s compatible… I had to try 3 Wi-Fi routers to get one to work).
    Somewhat helpful instructions here: https://www.campsystems.com/portals/...up%20guide.pdf

https://www.phenompilots.org/threads...light=data+log

For CAMP engine trends, I upload my flight log files to AHEAD. Same login as EEC, then under Maintence > AHEAD. To get the logs from your plane, insert a blank SD card into upper slot and reboot MFD (it doesn't like inserting cards while powered on). Go to AUX > Maintenance page. For G1000 the password is EMBG1K (NXi you don't need a password to access). There are several folders but you only need two of them (CAS_CMC & Engine). Highlight the folder and press the menu key to access copy to SD card menu. The screen will then show the copying process. After downloading you can purge the content of the folder. You then upload the files from both folders to Embraer AHEAD, and they will automatically transfer to CAMP.
  10. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    It’s also possible to upload the logs to AHEAD via Satellite if you have the GSR56, or via Wi-Fi if you have it in your hangar (and it’s compatible… I had to try 3 Wi-Fi routers to get one to work).
    (Username Protected) - Great point. You do need to subscribe to AHEAD Connect via EEC for that to work ($232/mo for my P300).
  11. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    What happens if you don't do any uploads? I can't remember if that is a requirement of programs or not.
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    What happens if you don't do any uploads? I can't remember if that is a requirement of programs or not.
    It is outlined in Annex D of ESP agreement.

The Operator shall perform engine condition trend monitoring by recording and monitoring engine parameters at least once every flying day and submitting the recorded data on at least a monthly basis, or once every 50 hours of flight, whichever occurs first, to the Designated Analysis Centre indicated below, or as may be updated from time to time by the ESP® Program office.

In addition to performing the prescribed engine condition trend monitoring as outlined above, whenever a significant shift in performance is observed or suspected, the Operator is responsible to submit the recorded data to the Designated Analysis Centre immediately.

Additional information on engine condition trend monitoring can be found in the latest revision of P&WC Service Information Letter S.I.L No. GEN-055.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Go to AUX > Maintenance page. For G1000 the password is EMBG1K (NXi you don't need a password to access). There are several folders but you only need two of them (CAS_CMC & Engine). Highlight the folder and press the menu key to access copy to SD card menu. The screen will then show the copying process. After downloading you can purge the content of the folder.
    I tried this, and it worked like a charm. Thanks (Username Protected)!

What's sad is that hunting for this simple explanation turned up no useful results. If it weren't for this forum, I'd still be in the dark.
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Phenom Pro Pilot
    (Username Protected), just to make sure, when you didn't have the SB 1999 installed, were you able to download the CMC?
  15. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Does anyone know where I can find the differences between a regular Garmin 1000 prodigy system vs the NXi?
    I was told that the non NXI version does not have the charts or safe taxi ability. Is that true?
    Is there a list somewhere of the differences?
  16. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Does anyone know where I can find the differences between a regular Garmin 1000 prodigy system vs the NXi?
    I was told that the non NXI version does not have the charts or safe taxi ability. Is that true?
    Is there a list somewhere of the differences?
    That is false. There are incremental updates in NXi such as runway distance left and more visible items such as what taxiway you are on. Outside of those sort of features, there is little difference. Charts and safe taxi is available on both.
  17. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Yeah, as a practical example of this - I have always had Nxi in my plane. At CAE, the simulator is a straight G1000 (no Nxi).

When I went to CAE for the first time for recurrent, there was absolutely nothing from the Nxi that I even noticed the absence of. Zero difference.

Now in real world flying, I'd say there are 2 things Nxi does that are useful: live weather radar on the PFD, and the ability to fly a coupled visual approach to any runway, which I use at my home airport every time. The rest is really just cosmetic.
  18. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 25 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Yeah, as a practical example of this - I have always had Nxi in my plane. At CAE, the simulator is a straight G1000 (no Nxi).

When I went to CAE for the first time for recurrent, there was absolutely nothing from the Nxi that I even noticed the absence of. Zero difference.

Now in real world flying, I'd say there are 2 things Nxi does that are useful: live weather radar on the PFD, and the ability to fly a coupled visual approach to any runway, which I use at my home airport every time. The rest is really just cosmetic.
    Thank you (Username Protected)
    its a steep price to pay for the convenience of coupled visual approaches and weather radar on PFD. I guess you could add SVS to the NXi.
    What would be nice if Pratt could somehow do whatever they need to in order to get the EV performance from the regular 100.