1. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pilot

G-3000 Manual

Does anyone have a digital copy of the G-3000 manual for the Phenom 100ev? Or any other operating handbooks for that matter. Looking to get a little study in before I go get my type rating. Thanks!
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

The best way to get all the training manuals is to sign up for the course, and then you will get access to all the materials on your iPad.

Embraer do offer digital downloads via myTechCare (annual subscription required). Maybe one of our members with access could share privately.
  3. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Sounds good. Thanks for the info. Even a generic G3000 manual would be helpful or another training aid. I’ll keep looking.
  4. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 62 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),

I have the Phenom 100EV G3000 POH and QRH. I just got my type rating in March so I know what its like to want to prep ahead of time!

I'll send them to you directly via private message.

(Username Protected)
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Thanks (Username Protected)!
  6. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 300
    Hi All,

If I might resurrect this thread with a similar request, I am evaluating a potential replacement aircraft on behalf of a 3rd party. They are long term Citation owners who are considering a CJ4, although I feel obliged to recommend a P300 for their consideration. I think they will be impressed by the larger cabin dimensions - & of course the PW535s burn quite a bit less fuel than the FJ44s too. I'm ex-airline, so whilst the Pro Line 21 set-up is much more familiar to me, I'm intrigued by the G3000 - but must admit some concerns over its capabilities, as opposed to a more traditional integrated FMS like the Pro Line. I know it's a big improvement over the G1000, but by how much? If anyone would be willing to forward a PDF or other digital format manual my way, I'd be most appreciative.

Thanks.
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I went the other way. I was flying a Garmin G1000 and now fly a Pro Line Fusion. I cannot get over the irritation of using it. Everything takes 3 more steps than the Garmin and it is much less integrated. So I can guarantee you no concerns of moving from a Pro Line 21 to Garmin. I know of few other pilots with similar opinion and experience of mine.
  8. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 300
    I can't take credit for the following statement, but I heard it summed up very well like this: the Pro Line is more like a scaled down 'airline' FMS, whereas the Garmin is scaled up from GA. Being an ex-airline guy myself (B737 & A330), the traditional FMS logic and interface makes perfect sense to me - & I'm more intrigued/intimidated by a graphical interface like the G3000. Conversely, if you're a GA guy moving up, makes sense that you'd feel the same way about the Pro Line...
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Non-Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected). I think you need to spend a few minutes playing around with the G3000 to truly appreciate the difference. One of the many reasons why the CJ4 doesn't sell like it should is because they've kept the old Pro Line in it. Textron has swapped out all of their models (including the Latitude and Longitude) to the Garmin FMS backbone... because it's better.
  10. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 300
    For sure. Not disagreeing with anything said. I've flown neither the CJ4 or Phenom 300, so in a sense I don't have a dog in this hunt (yet) and am not biased towards one or the other. I'd be happy to fly either. The Pro Line doesn't scare me if the CJ4 wins. Likewise, I would also welcome the opportunity to become conversant in Garmin. Ultimately, it's not my decision. Personally, I'm leaning towards the Phenom - and I know where everyone on this forum leans - but I'm just a cog in the wheel. I would like to thank those who have taken the time to respond & provide me with the requested info to be able to acquaint myself with the G3000. I will make my case as to why the Phenom is a compelling choice from a flight operational perspective - and leave it to the accountants to crunch the numbers...
  11. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

I instruct in both ProLine and Garmin platform jets.

To your stated concern, for the past several years (Garmin capabilities are updated in Phenoms about 1/yr) I can’t think of any real capability the PL has that the Garmin lacks. Current G3000 does detailed fuel planning/projection, visual approaches, DME fail down for RNAV, Barometric VNAV fail down on RNAV approaches, etc…

If you have any specific feature questions happy to help. I would evaluate the planes without thought to avionics with one exception- Garmin has a long history of addressing bugs and adding features. Collins has been a very different beast, for the worse.
  12. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Researching Phenom 300
    Don't worry, I'm acutely aware that no-one is making a decision based purely on what's bolted on the front panel to keep the pilot happy. My enquiry was purely for my own selfish reasons: if they were going to go for the Phenom, as someone with no previous exposure to Garmin, I simply wanted to get a taste of what I'd be in for.

Again, thanks for all the input and assistance from those who have taken the time to do so. Alas, as it turns out, looks like the CJ4 is the winner. What can I say? Brand loyalty is strong amongst my jedi masters. In the end, for someone like me who was a late starter to aviation - and routinely told by many that I would be lucky to get a job flying rubber band powered props for peanuts, let alone ever get to fly Boeing and Airbus wide bodies for a major airline - I have no complaints. I thought it was 'game over' when a pesky virus brought my airline career to an abrupt and unceremonious end last year, but it turns out I get to go fly jets again, when I would have been happy to settle for rubber band powered props.
  13. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    CJ4 is an awesome airplane, you’re going to love it!
  14. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hey (Username Protected) - to my recent question about Garmin upgrades to the G3000, mine does not have any of the features you mentioned. Particularly, fuel planning/projection, visual approaches, TOLD numbers, etc. I still don't really know if such an upgrade exists and it's been 5 years since I bought my P300 and started asking the question. Citations have it all. No clear answers from the manufacturer on when an upgrade to at least TOLD numbers and visual approaches will be available, if ever.
  15. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 123 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    (Username Protected)-

looking at the ACFOG, TOLD and visual approaches were added with software 3305.00.

That’s also the first version of the G 3000 software that was installed with the new hardware. Textron just made those features available so hopefully it’s coming soon to Phenoms.
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Note that the new G3000 load in the Phenom 300E involves the change of at least 3 physical panels in the cockpit, in addition to new software. The mode selector panel picks up an FMS speeds / manual speeds switch, the TAWS/reversionary panel changes to reversionary only as TAWS override moves onto the GTC, and for HF equipped aircraft the HF interface moves onto the GTC.

It seems like the new software definitely needs the new mode selector. Beyond that, there could be versions that leave TAWS and HF alone. But in any event, this makes any possible upgrade path for Embraer more challenging (and more expensive).
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    For folks looking for G3000 introductory information, I'd point you at Max Trescott's new book, G3000 and G5000 Glass Cockpit Handbook. You'll find it far more informative than the G3000 manual. His site is here https://www.maxtrescott.com/max_tres...-handbook.html
    or the book is available from Sporty's. The intro page on Max's blog describes some of the differences between G3000 and G5000 and the differences between smaller and transport category aircraft.

I'm living this whole thing IRL at the moment. I'm a P300/G3000 owner/SP driver, and the G3000 is the only glass cockpit that I've ever flown. I've just bought a Praetor 500, and am in Dallas at FlightSafety finishing up my type rating in the sim.

My head is just swimming in Proline stew at the moment. It's painful to go "backward" into the Proline, even as much as I'm looking forward to the much more capable airplane. It's clunky to say the least, and it feels like the RSP spends their entire life programming the box. That said, I've also flown in my new plane with experienced Praetor/Proline pilots, and with a little experience, they make it look just as fast and easy as the G3000..with 2 pilots. Other than the Garmin->Collins switch, the step from the Phenom to the Praetor would be a total non-event.

It's abundently clear to me that Garmin is not just an alternative in the avionics market, but a new generation disruptor. IMO the Garmin is just better designed, better executed from a UI and graphics perspective. Sort of like getting an iPhone after years of using a Blackberry. Man, my fingers could fly on that Blackberry keyboard, and I still can't type worth a darn on my iPhone. But I know which one I want in my pocket today!
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected), I was in your shoes 6 months ago, after 10 years flying my Phenom single Pilot I also moved to a Praetor. I am sorry to say your frustrations will not end there. Dealing with Collins as a company is not very pleasant their customer support is miles behind Garmin. If I can help in anyways let me know. - (Username Protected)
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I fly all four avionics suites, this is my 2 cents worth.

We have P21 in our Premier and King Air, and our new King Air 360 has Fusion. Our first and second P300’s had G1000. The latest was one of the first P300E’s with G3000.

If I have to fly IMC, P21 is hands-on my first choice. I like the natural flow of the P21. Second is the G1000. One can feel the buttons, and easy flow of the menus.

The G3000 with the touch screens are very challenging in turbulent IMC conditions… The ease of use is nice, and easy for mussel memory.

I don’t understand why they made Fusion as complicated as they did, and the extra steps to achieve the same task. The way to navigate and find a item to do is not as easy, even after having quite a bit of experience….

But many might differ and that is fine…

Fly what you comfortable with and competent with… Be safe..

rgs.
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 6 times
    Researching Phenom 300
    I was told by an Embraer FSR that there are neither plans 1) to offer a hardware + software upgrade so non-300E Phenom 300s could run software 3305 nor 2) to offer a software upgrade providing a subset of 3305.00 features that don't require new hardware (e.g., performance planning) for those aircraft. I hope that turns out to be wrong but it's hard to see a business case for Embraer spending a lot of money on certification when the upgraded software is a selling point for their new jets.

(Username Protected)
  21. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I hope that turns out to be wrong but it's hard to see a business case for Embraer spending a lot of money on certification when the upgraded software is a selling point for their new jets.
    There is an opportunity cost to keeping existing customers happy and loyal... I think the "new" 300E has enough differentiators that they should offer a subset of the 3305 features to the existing fleet. Hopefully we will see an update at the convention.
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I was told by Embraer at the first EJOA I attended back in 2016 that TOLD numbers would be in updated software "within the year". I don't understand why G3000 P300s are punished with no upgrade track to the software. I'd be happy with TOLD and visual approaches. My Rockwell Collins had it in my 2+ way back in 2010! My Garmin Cirrus Perspective + runs rings around G3000 capabilities in my P300!
  23. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 73 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    There is an opportunity cost to keeping existing customers happy and loyal... I think the "new" 300E has enough differentiators that they should offer a subset of the 3305 features to the existing fleet. Hopefully we will see an update at the convention.
    I do think it's unfortunate when manufacturers don't put in the effort to at least offer an upgrade path (even if paid) for avionics features that are substantially safety related. Performance planning is handy, but I'd much rather they make an effort to bring things like EDM, ESP, ROAAS, and ADSB-IN to as many airframes as possible. Other features that reduce pilot workload (which has a direct impact on safety as well) should be high on the list too.