1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 300 Database costs?

Want to make sure I didn't enter anything wrong into FlyGarmin. Is it correct that the nav data packages on the Phenom 300 are about 4x the cost of the Phenom 100 - for the exact same data and panel?

Phenom 100: Americas Standards + FliteCharts $979

Phenom 300: Americas Standards + FliteCharts $4495
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Responding to myself - yes that is the price you pay to fly a heavier aircraft!
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I have typically bought my databases through Jeppesen. I just got my renewal invoice and my total before tax is $3,828.16

This includes:
    Nav Data
    Airport Directory
    Basemap
    Obstacles
    SafeTaxi Coverage
    Terrain
    Jepp Electronic Charts

I believe that is all of them right? It doesn't say anything at NXi, but don't see what that would change since I've been using my Jepp downloads still to update avionics and not Fly Garmin because it didn't work until my last flight.
  4. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    That is a really good price, specially if it includes Jepp charts! May need to switch to Jepp once my free year of Garmin databases (included with NXi) is complete.

What was your cost on the P100 for the same databases via Jepp?
  5. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for the reminder on NXi coming with a year. I was given a garmin login, however, I can't seem to find out where it shows how long my databases subscription is for on that platform? I want to make sure I don't need to contact Elliott or someone about not having it.
  6. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Thanks for the reminder on NXi coming with a year. I was given a garmin login, however, I can't seem to find out where it shows how long my databases subscription is for on that platform? I want to make sure I don't need to contact Elliott or someone about not having it.
    If I recall correctly the one year didn't start until I activated the subscription (by selecting which databases I wanted). My system already came with a current database, so I activated after that had expired to milk another month
  7. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I am asking Elliott about it as I asked their avionics guy and he was not aware of databases being inclusive for a year with NXi.
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I am asking Elliott about it as I asked their avionics guy and he was not aware of databases being inclusive for a year with NXi.
    Hm maybe that was a CJP only thing on the Mustang. I got it as part of my upgrade, but also loaned Garmin the plane for six months

https://citationjetpilots.com/CJP/fl...rmin-aviation/

CJP MEMBER DISCOUNT: Garmin and CJP have teamed up to provide members with a complimentary year of Garmin Pilot and regional databases with the purchase of the G1000 NXi upgrade. Upon installation of your G1000 NXi, contact Chad Meadows at [email protected] with the following information to receive your complimentary code.
  9. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    On the prices, do you know if there is a difference between G3000 vs. G1000 for the same type? I just renewed, alas just cutting back to US/Canada/Alaska on charts, and Americs on NavData, and I was up over $6000/year for that. I know some differences in coverage can make a lot of difference, but that still seems a lot. For me when I was configuring this on line, it had a concept of "bundles" in ordering but said none were available for me. Do other folks see any bundle offers?
  10. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I'm not sure if there is a cost difference.

Not sure if this is normal pricing or not, but all the databases through Jepp with their charts comes in about $400 cheaper than direct through Garmin and you can connect Jepp and FlyGarmin together to still do wireless database uploads through Garmin Pilot.
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 20 times
    Praetor/Legacy Owner & Pilot
    Just checking, I’m not aware of a way to do wireless updates for G3000 (Prodigy Touch) except with the new software load perhaps. I know G1000 NXi does it. Am I missing something with Garmin Pilot for G3000?
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Just checking, I’m not aware of a way to do wireless updates for G3000 (Prodigy Touch) except with the new software load perhaps. I know G1000 NXi does it. Am I missing something with Garmin Pilot for G3000?
    Wireless is only available via NXi at the moment.

These are the bundles available from Garmin. I have the $4495 package which has NavData for North and South America, but approach plates (FliteCharts) only for US + Canada.

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-11-19 at 5.34.25 PM.jpg
Views: 1697
Size:  37.1 KB
  13. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I just received a renewal invoice from Jepp and looks like costs have increased!

Renewal is now $5,436.64. Anyone up for renewal lately get a price from Garmin?
  14. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Still the same pricing as in the above post. $4495 with Garmin NavData, $5325 with Jepp NavData.
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 13 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    That's crazy!
    What's the point of charging for the same charts in 4 times higher for Phenom 300?
    Looks like: "if you have money for an expensive aircraft, we will charge you more for charts".

I'm going to subscribe to Jeppesen for NXi Phenom 100 very soon, will see how much it is.
  16. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    What's the difference between these two? I was wondering if they increased costs due to NXi for some odd reason?

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 1587
Size:  27.0 KB
  17. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Americas Standard uses Garmin Nav Data, Americas Database uses Jeppesen Nav Data. The only difference between them that I have found so far is that some military airports (such as Guantanamo Bay Naval Base) is not in the Garmin DB.
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    multiply that by 4 and it is what Collins charges for the same database on the Praetor.....
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Not to beat a dead horse, but I was recently at the Citation Jet Pilots gathering in Palm Desert.

I approached the Garmin guys and asked them why my Phenom 300 software has not been updated to at least include TOLD numbers and visual approaches (2016 P300). I told the rep that I heard it might require a "hardware update". He scoffed at me and said no, it's purely software and easy to accomplish. He told me he would check into it.

Here is his response: According to our Programs team, Embraer has not yet published a schedule for a Service Bulletin to bring TOLD to fielded aircraft. It sounds as if they publicly committed it with operators but we don’t have a schedule pass along at this time.

I’m sorry I don’t have better news."

If anyone at Embraer reads these posts, can you explain why this seemingly easy update to software has not been accomplished?!

Thanks.
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), I think it is all about the money. Avionics companies usually sell their different features in pieces. I.e. if you want TOLD function it cost X, if you want coupled go around it costs Y and so forth and so on for many of the features. So different applications of the same Garmin platform will have different functions according to what the OEM decided to pay for. So I think it is a question of Embraer "buying" this feature from Garmin. In a way similar to what you buy from Foreflight. They can enable different features according to the subscription level you have. I could be wrong, but this is how I heard it works.
  21. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    FYI At EJOA, Embraer just said both of their test bed Phenom 300s were configured with the Gen2 hardware so they didn’t have a Gen1 plane to certify the new G3000 load on. They jokingly asked for an owner to donate an aircraft for 6 months.
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    "jokingly" is the right word. The year I bought my 300 and attended the Embraer Owners Conference, I believe in Santa Fe, they told me they would have TOLD and visual approaches within the year. 5 years later they need a customer's plane as a "test bed". Now that's a joke!