1. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Phenom 300 NXi Thread

I wanted to help create a specific spot for those of us who have upgraded to NXi to post any unique issues or interesting finds to help others.

Right now the only thing I cannot figure out is how to connect to the WiFi on any of my devices to the FlightStream 510. Bluetooth works great for me to push flight plans, etc. But I have yet to figure out how to try the wireless database upload from Garmin pilot. So for now, I just use a spare SD card upload all my databases from Jeppessen software and pop out the 510 card and do it the old fashioned way.

One observation:

I have noticed on my bird that it seems like everything has loaded up yet I get a yellow cas around XPDR Fail. A few times I have paused wondering if I have an issue, but it does clear itself after a minute or two of everything else having cleared itself from the CAS window.
  2. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    I have the same issue. Garmin suggested I update the 510 to v2.62 (I currently have v.2.61). Any Garmin dealer should be able to update it. My plan is in for MX at the moment but will try when I get it back.

On Barry Lerman's P100 NXi I was able to connect over WiFi and do a database update. NXi will only establish a WiFi connection if it discovers over Bluetooth that there are standby databases to transfer.

Possibly a related issue, I have this 770MB Flight Data Log trying to transfer onto the iPad. Wonder if it is "blocking" further communication.

Name:  IMG_0451.jpg
Views: 752
Size:  79.9 KB

FYI you can insert the NavData update card in either slot, I usually use the upper and leave the 510 in place.
  3. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    I have noticed on my bird that it seems like everything has loaded up yet I get a yellow cas around XPDR Fail. A few times I have paused wondering if I have an issue, but it does clear itself after a minute or two of everything else having cleared itself from the CAS window.
    FYI I do not see this behavior on my bird.