1. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot

Welcome to Phenom Pilots!

Welcome to the brand new Phenom Pilots forums - which eventually will become the premiere resource for exchanging information online about the wonderful Phenom 100 and Phenom 300 aircraft.

I launched this forum to solve a few long standing frustrations with the Embraer Jet Operators Association and limitations of the popular Phenom Facebook Groups.

1) For years I have asked EJOA to improve the usability of their forum, but I have not seen any improvements. In fact it is getting worse. I have been trying to explain that for 361 days out of the year (the days outside of the convention), the website IS the association. Their site is utterly frustrating to use and I believe that limits the amount of conversations people are willing to have. Many owners I have talked to don't bother visit the site any longer.

At PhenomPilots.org, the forum functions like most other aviation forums.

2) EJOA’s membership structure explicitly excludes people researching the Phenom 100/300 from joining. I think this is a huge mistake and have advocated so frequently. One of the great benefits of most other type clubs is that people that are considering buying an aircraft can join and discover both the good and the bad about the aircraft and the support network behind it, before forking over millions of dollars. These next generation buyers also reinvigorate the community by asking fresh questions.

At PhenomPilots.org, we welcome anyone considering joining the Phenom family.

3) The majority of Phenom 300s are flown by pro-pilots at fleet/charter operators and by contract pilots, and we would love to tap into their extensive knowledge. They are already active on the Facebook Groups, but not on EJOA (based on the feedback I have received they are not going to spend $250/yr to join a club and jump through hoops to join).

At PhenomPilots.org, we love for pro-pilots to join and share their knowledge.

4) In recent years, Phenom discussions online have primarily occurred within Facebook Groups. Phenom 300 Pilots has 918 members, PJP Phenom 100/300 647 members, Phenom 100 and 300 has 624 members, and Phenom Pilots has 475 members. Those groups are great for realtime communication (many posts get 20+ responses) and sharing images/video, but it is hard to browse older threads and build up tribal knowledge.

I want to make it clear that I am a st(Username Protected)g supporter of EJOA's advocacy and their annual convention. This is not a competing association, just a complimentary forum.

We need to create a lot of content to become a go-to resource, and that will take time. If you are considering a Phenom, please start asking questions and we will jump in and get them answered. While a new site we have a broad membership base already - pilots, owners, instructors, mechanics and brokers - that are willing to assist.
  2. Username Protected

Thanked 35 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Looks GREAT (Username Protected)!

Looking forward to everyone building content!

I am in total agreement with you on this topic. Recently, a pilot(with 20,000 hours) was interested in joining to investigate the airplane. He was given names of local pilots(there are only 3 in NC) to contact so he could ask questions. I was astounded when he reached out to me that he was not allowed to join. It cannot be good for the brand to be exclusionary.

I hope this helps solve that problem as well. Like you have heard, I have found myself totally avoiding the EJOA forums due to difficulty navigating.
  3. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 77 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Great to be here! Thanks for setting this up!
  4. Username Protected

Thanked 8 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks for setting this up, (Username Protected).

I recently upgraded from an SR22 to the Phenom 100 and am excited to have a usable forum dedicated to the airframe.

I am looking forward to contributing to the community as well as learning from those that have been flying the plane for years.
  5. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Other Services Provider
    This is great to see and hear, (Username Protected). I agree -- having a solid, indexed repository for all the Phenom knowledge out there is very much needed, and I'm glad and very appreciative you took the time to do this for the community!

I come to the group not as an owner, but as a pilot and services provider with a great deal of experience in the ownership, operation, and sale/acquisitions of these impressive jets. I hope to contribute wherever possible!

Blue skies...
  6. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 47 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

That‘s great and fully agree with the ugly EJOA forum. Thanks for this!

(Username Protected)
  7. Username Protected

Thanked 2 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Thanks (Username Protected). Are you going to make an App for this forum?
    (Username Protected)
  8. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Thanks (Username Protected). Are you going to make an App for this forum?
    (Username Protected)
    Yes that is the plan. In the meantime you can download "Tapatalk" on either the iOS or Android Store and search for Phenom Pilots.
  9. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),
    Thank you for starting Phenompilots.org. It will add to the productivity, enjoyment and safety of the fleet.
    (Username Protected)
  10. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Thanks (Username Protected)! As an admin on one of the FB groups you mentioned, I can agree with the limitations of such platforms. I was the 18th pilot typed on the 300 and learned on serial number 3 and 4 of the 100 back in 2008/2009. I am here for anyone wanting to build on their knowledge of these amazing aircraft. I am a full time contractor/mentor pilot and look forward to positively contributing to this forum. Thank you!
  11. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected)
    This is (Username Protected). I did try to join the club. Emailed and called and was told I couldn’t join because I wasn’t an owner. I’ve had my Eclipse for 3 years and spent a lot of time researching it prior to purchasing one. I couldn’t agree with you more! I’m now the proud owner of a Phenom 100! This week. I think we may have in met Gainesville one evening. I’m in the boat business. Let me know if you’ve got time for phone call sometime.
    Thanks
    (Username Protected)
  12. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected),

Welcome to Phenom Pilots. Glad to have you here. I will send you a PM with my phone number. If you have the time, please start a thread about you arrived at the decision to move up the P100.
  13. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pilot
    (Username Protected),
    I'm thrilled you started this forum! The EJOA forum is so quiet. It is a huge benefit to allow anyone with interest access to the forum. I find them to be very helpful and informative when the participation is good. Well done!
  14. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 39 times
    Phenom Instructor/Mentor
    Hey there (Username Protected)!
  15. Username Protected

Thanked 1 time
    Phenom Pilot
    Hello (Username Protected)! I hope you are doing well!
  16. Username Protected

Thanked 0 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    Thank you for doing this. As a Cirrus piston pilot looking to move up, a resource like this is encouraging and educational. Website and forums are thankfully familiar and easy to use. (Username Protected)
  17. Username Protected

Thanked 33 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Well done (Username Protected). As a Phenom owner for the last 10 years , I agree with all your points. I am so glad you have set this up. Also much more user friendly.
  18. Username Protected

Thanked 29 times
    Other Services Provider
    (Username Protected),

Well done and user friendly!
    Thank you for all the great advice.
  19. Username Protected

Thanked 18 times
    Phenom Pilot
    Thanks for this resource (Username Protected)! As you stated, the FB Phenom groups are incredibly active with a great deal of expertise and conversations that are timely and helpful. I'm looking forward to the dialog on this forum that is much needed!
  20. Username Protected

Thanked 17 times
    Aircraft Broker
    (Username Protected), This is an excellent site, and hope to be a contributor to all the pilots and owners out there. A few of you may recognize my name as the former FSR for Embraer, and now with Phenom Store, specializing in Phenom sales. (no Embraer affiliation) I have over 12 years in the Phenom project, on the technical and logistics side, my partner Brandon Sapp has over 10 years flying Phenoms. Look forward to helping and serving the Phenom group. https://www.phenomstore.com
  21. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected), congratulations on Phenom Store.
  22. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Hi (Username Protected),
    Any chance you could make this a PAID membership site? Even if it's just a nominal amount - say $10 - that would keep Google and other search engines from accessing the site and associating our names with our aircraft.

For example, if I Google any one of the members names, including mine, I can see what model of jet they are flying and from there it's easy to find out where they go and when.

It's only a matter of time before scammers find out about this site, if they haven't already, and target the membership.
  23. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    (Username Protected) I actively try to hide member names when browsing the site logged out (which Google does). Can you send me some search terms and I will see if it can be improved.

It is pretty easy to hide all content unless you login, but then we loose Google as a referral source to grow the membership.
  24. Username Protected

Thanked 44 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Sure. If I google my name and the word "jet" or "Phenom" a couple of links to the forum pop up.

Try it at your end, when you are logged out of the forum, and you'll probably see the same result.
  25. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Thanks I will work on scrubbing those pages, looks like I missed it.
  26. Username Protected
    Star Contributor

Thanked 507 times
    Phenom 300 Owner & Pilot
    Quote Originally Posted by (Username Protected) View Post
    Sure. If I google my name and the word "jet" or "Phenom" a couple of links to the forum pop up.

Try it at your end, when you are logged out of the forum, and you'll probably see the same result.
    Two changes have been implemented and the Google Index is slowly getting refreshed:

1) The Activity page has been removed for non-registered users.
    2) User names have been replaced with "(Username Protected)" inside of posts in addition to in the poster profile. That way quotes etc get anonymized as well for non-registered users (including Google).
  27. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 58 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Thank you for your constant contributions to these forums.
  28. Username Protected

Thanked 3 times
    Researching Phenom 100
    New member here

Very glad the site is here

I'm at two-time beach Duke owner (5 Beech overall... 2 Ba(Username Protected)s and a Dutchess) with about a thousand hours on type and I was researching moving to a King Air but by the time I get modern avionics and AP in it I'm almost at the price of a straight 100

A course of VLJ is very appealing, not only because it looks nicer but the cost per mile is outstanding

I've been researching the Phenom 100 for years but glad to be on a group with others that actually fly it
  29. Username Protected
    Frequent Poster

Thanked 42 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Welcome and glad to have you! Have you priced any 100s out recently? Curious what brokers are trying to get for them now. I get a lot of calls on our not for sale 100 unless someone wants to swap us for a 300 :-).

(Username Protected)-
  30. Username Protected
    Really Frequent Poster

Thanked 64 times
    Phenom 100 Owner & Pilot
    Unless you need the field performance, where the King Air has a big advantage, the jet has the turboprop beat!